Office of Student Affairs
Office of Student Affairs Mission Statement
In concert with the mission statement of The University of Toledo College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, the mission of the Office of Student Affairs is to provide current and prospective students with advising and support services that help to ensure their success in completing their College degree programs. The staff is dedicated to supplying the highest quality of "pharmacy student care" possible.
College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences Mission Statement
The mission of the College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences is to educate students to become pharmacists and pharmaceutical scientists while advancing pharmaceutical knowledge. Guiding principles are personal integrity, respect for humanity and human diversity, and professionalism.
What services are available through the Office of Student Affairs?
Students in the College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences have access to a variety of support services through the Student Affairs Offices. First and foremost are academic advising services. Advising is available for all UTCPPS pre-professional and professional division students. Reasons why you may consider making an advising appointment include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Scheduling questions
- Difficulties in class
- Advice regarding University academic policies (i.e., add/drop, grade deletions, pass/no credit)
- Advice regarding University programs and resources (i.e., student organizations, tutoring hours)
- Personal issues (all appointments are confidential)
- GPA calculation scenarios / Science GPA calculations
- Degree options / career choices
- Change of majors
- Transfer credit questions and Advising - Tuesdays and Thursdays at 1:15 (please call ahead for appointment and forward your transcript by fax or email to Jose Trevino 419.383.1994 email@example.com)
- Consortium agreement signatures
- Academic performance issues
- Degree Audit questions
- Curriculum questions
Additional services available through the Offices of Student Affairs include:
Student organization applications
Two Campuses, One Future: student resources booklet
University forms (i.e., pass/no credit, grade deletion) Forms
Glass case postings in Wolfe Hall 1st floor hallway (tutoring hours, misc. Student Affairs information)
Dean’s list mailing
Form processing (i.e., intern’s license, transient student, car insurance-good student)
A.C.P.E. Handbook, available for reference
Variety of services for Student Organizations
Access to space in Wolfe Hall 1259
Access to folding table
Access to glass cases
Authorization to post signage
Advising for the Pre-professional division students will be provided in the Main Campus Office of Student Affairs (Wolfe Hall 1227). Students are not assigned a specific advisor but will have an advising team dedicated to serving their needs.
PharmD and BSPS professional division students are assigned a faculty advisor. This individual can provide guidance regarding course work, career opportunities and professional development. In addition to the faculty advisor, professional division students are always welcome to meet Jing Meyer, the Coordinator of Advising for the Professional Division in the Office of Student Affairs.
How to make an advising appointment
Pre-professional and Professional division students can make an advising appointment by clicking on the Schedule Now link below.
Pre-professional division students can also call the Main Campus Office of Student Affairs 419.530.2010 or stop in Wolfe Hall room 1227.
PharmD and BSPS professional division students can call the Health Science Campus Office of Student Affairs at 419.383.1904 or stop in to Frederic & Mary Wolfe Center room 155.
Please be aware that you must schedule appointments at least one day ahead of time. Student Affairs administrative staff set the advising appointments. If possible, please refrain from contacting advisors directly regarding scheduling.
In lieu of making an appointment, students may email advisors directly with quick questions.
Advising appointments are typically scheduled in 30-minute increments unless requested otherwise by the student or advisor.
Office Hours: Monday through Friday 8:15 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Closed Weekdays noon - 1:00 p.m., Saturdays, Sundays, and University holidays
College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
Main Campus, Wolfe Hall
2801 W. Bancroft St. MS 608
Toledo, Ohio 43606
Tips for successful advising appointments
- See your advisor every term, even if it isn't required.
- Come prepared for your advising appointment by bringing any questions you have so your advisor can address them.
- Arrive on time for your appointment. If you are late, you are cheating yourself of time with your advisor. Call or go on line to cancel an appointment you cannot keep.
- Use your advisor as a resource. Advisors are familiar with many programs and services on campus. If you do not know where to go for help, let your advisor point you in the right direction.
- Please be respectful and professional - Refrain from any cell phone use or texting during your appointment.
Office of Student Affairs Staff
Mary Powers, Ph.D., R.Ph.
Monica Holiday-Goodman, Ph.D. R.Ph.
|Deborah J. Sobczak, B.B.A.
Director of Student Services for the Pre-professional Division
Wolfe Hall 1227
B.B.A., Dual Studies (Management & Finance) from The University of Toledo
The University of Toledo College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences since August 1995
Background includes: Credit Manager, Administration, Sales and Consumer Credit Advising, Student Affairs
José L. Treviño, B.A., M.A. Ed.
Julie Croy, MA
Jing Deng Meyer, M.Ed.