- Welcome to the Department for Human Research Protections
- DHRP Contacts
- Does Your Research Require IRB Approval
- Which IRB Will Review My Research
- Before You Begin Your Research
- Guidance for Research Involving Children
- Training and Education
- Biomedical IRB Submission Forms
- Biomedical IRB Fee Schedule
- SBE IRB Submission Forms
- IRB Meeting Schedules & Member Information
- Compliance Information
- Institutional Policies
- News and Announcements
- Federal Information and Industry Links
Please use the respective IRB e-mail for protocol-related correspondence.
CCE Building, Rm. 0106
Mail Stop 1035
Social, Behavioral and Educational IRB
University Hall, Room 2300
Mail Stop 944
Department for Human Research Protections
Carolyn Pinkston, MPH, CIP
Director of Operations
The REFRESHER COURSE is now available.
PLEASE PRINT OR SAVE AN ELECTRONIC VERSION OF YOUR COMPLETION CERTIFICATE.
The University of Toledo requires all study personnel engaged in human subject research
(including research using information and specimens from human subjects) to complete
the training mandated by our Federalwide Assurance.
Instructions for Completing your INITIAL Human Subjects Research Training
1. Go to the CITI Program Training Website at https://www.citiprogram.org
2. Select New Users Register Here
3. Select your Institution from the drop-down list - University of Toledo
4. Enter your personal member information and proceed to the next page.
5. On the Select Curriculum page, choose the first option - Yes, I conduct research with live human beings, human samples or with data derived from human beings.
6. On the next page, select the appropriate curriculum for your learner group -
7. Choose to affiliate with another institution if applicable. (not required)
8. Select Enter under Status to begin your training modules.
HIPAA Training Requirements
Who oversees HIPAA training at the University of Toledo?
The UT privacy office and information technology (IT) security and compliance, or their designees, are designated to provide administration of HIPAA compliance training for the University. Training will be based upon job role, campus location, exposure to PHI and other appropriate factors as determined by the privacy office or information technology security and compliance
Which individuals at the University are required to be HIPAA trained?
HIPAA training is required for all members of an entity’s workforce who, by virtue of their position, are likely to obtain access to protected health information. The following individuals are included -
- Trainees (student researchers)
- Others under direct control of persons working on behalf of the covered entity
If you have questions regarding HIPAA or require training access, please contact Rita
Prior at Rita.Prior@utoledo.edu or call 419.383.3427.
For additional information regarding HIPAA, please visit http://www.utoledo.edu/offices/compliance/HIPAA_Training.html