- Residency Application Process
- Residency program options
- Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS)
- Matching programs
- Match results
- Sponsored Events
- Graduation Awards and Reception
- Match Day Reception
- Medical Student Orientation
- Student Clinicians Ceremony
- White Coat Ceremony
- Medical Honor Societies
- Gold Humanism Honor Society, UT Chapter
- Alpha Omega Alpha
- USMLE Preparation
- Scholarship Opportunities
- Health Science Campus Student Life
- Health Science Campus Student Affairs
- Health Science Campus Diversity
- Student Health and Wellness Center
- Medical Student Council
- Medical Student Honor Code
- Registrar's Office
- Academic Enrichment Center
- Financial Aid
- College of Medicine Policies
- College of Medicine Mission and Vision
Health Science Campus
First Floor/Room #122
Medical Student Council
- Agendas & Minutes
- LCME Information
- Student Health & Wellness Center
- Virtual Lab
- Important Contacts
- Helpful Links
- Ongoing Projects
- The Knife Newsletter
- Legacy Lectures
- Alumni & Student Events
- Talent Show
- Meet & Greet
- Contact Us
Thanks to everyone who completed the LCME Student Survey. We are currently working on the analysis, which we expect to have completed in the coming months. The remaining incentives will be provided shorty (check back here for updates).
The Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) is the nationally recognized accrediting authority for medical education programs leading to the M.D. degree in the United States and Canadian medical schools.
The LCME is scheduled for their site visit to the University of Toledo College of Medicine in 2013 (this process occurs every 8 years). At this time, UTCOM has begun the first steps leading up to the site visit.The LCME accreditation process includes a "closer look" into the following 5 areas:
Many of these focus areas have student representatives, in order to give productive input from a student prospective (see below for who these students are).
Institutional Setting (IS)
Education Program (ED)
Medical Students (MS)
Educational Resources (ER)
What does this mean for students? Let's talk LCME Student Survey...
The LCME Student Survey is a survey which every medical student at the Univerisity of Toledo is highly encouraged to fill out. In a nut shell, the survey is targeted to accurately reflect what students think of their medical school. This includes curriculum, study space, and everything in between. Incentives (will be updated on this webpage shortly!) will be provided to every medical student that fills out the survey (everyone will get a prize for filling out the survey, and on top of that will be entered into a raffle to win BIG PRIZES).
Want more information? Vist http://www.lcme.org.
Student Survey Incentives
1) A $10 gift certificate to Plate 21 will be provided to each student who completes the survey.
2) All students who complete the survey will be enter to win a $100 gift certificate
of choice (limited by avaiability). There will be five $100 gift certificates raffled
per class (five for M1's, five for M2's, etc).
3) For each class year that has over a 90% response rate, UTCOM will put aside $500 - $1000. Students will then get to choose (via vote) how this money will be spent from a series of options (for example, new lounge furniture).
Students involved in the LCME Accreditation Process
Below, please find a list of the students (all four years are represented) who are involved in either the Student Survey, or another focus committee of the LCME accreditation process.
|LCME Student Survey Committee|
|Cheryl Chen||Michael Sabbah|
|Sasha Beyer||Cara Elmer|
|Tony Brewer||Amie Litzinger|
|Neha Yakhmi||Amanda Foley|
|Cory Rice||Marla Scott|
|Lillie Montgomery||Melissa Straub|
|Jake Hessey||Todd Miyake|
|Kris Carbone||Krishna Mutgi|
|Educational Standards||Medical Students||Educational Resources|
|Stephanie Jones||Audrey Roberts||Neha Yakhmi|
|Cory Rice||Connor McNamara||Charles Voigt|
|James Tudor||Tony Brewer||Steve Cogorno|
|Email Us||Join us on Facebook||Follow @UTCOM_MSC|