- Mission Statement
- OSL Advisory Committee
- Student Organizations
- Student Organization Forms
- Student Events Calendar
- Student Leadership Ceremony
- Student Life Around Toledo
- Contact Us
- HSC Student Affairs
- College of Medicine Student Affairs
- HSC Diversity Resources
- HSC Current Students
- HSC Prospective Students
Health Science Campus
Mulford LibraryRoom 122
Fax: 419.383.4233 firstname.lastname@example.org
The Pathology Club at the University of Toledo exists to educate the student body about options in the field of Pathology and is affiliated with the UT Department of Pathology. The Pathology Club provides information about residency programs, summer opportunities, and the Pathology Fellowship Program. All students are invited to join the club and attend pathology conferences and activities. The Pathology Club also provides opportunities for students with common interests in Pathology to come together and learn from each other.
Pathologist, the Doctor’s Doctor
Pathology is divided into two residency programs, anatomic and clinical pathology.
- Anatomic pathology is composed of the cytopathology laboratory, the surgical pathology, and the autopsy room. In surgical pathology, the following techniques are utilized frozen section, touch preps, gross examinations, and fine needle aspiration. The pathologist works with the surgeons to determine the next step.
- Clinical pathology involves all other clinical testing laboratories, such as chemistry and toxicology, coagulation and hemostasis, microbiology and immunology, molecular diagnostics and the cytogenetics laboratories, forensic pathology, and transfusion medicine including the blood bank.
Research Pathologists are at the cutting edge of scientific investigation into cellular, molecular, and
genetic mechanisms behind aging, cancer, AIDS, and other infectious diseases.