- Mission Statement
- OSL Advisory Committee
- Student Organizations
- Student Organization Forms
- Student Events Calendar
- Student Leadership Ceremony
- Student Life Around Toledo
- Contact Us
- The Victory Center
- SAAAPA - Student Academy of the American Academy of Physician Assistants
- AAPA - American Academy of Physician Assistants
- OAPA - Ohio Association of Physician Assistants
- Swan Creek Preserve - Toledo Area Metroparks
- The University of Toledo's Physician Assistant Program
- The University of Toledo - Health Science Campus
Health Science Campus
Mulford LibraryRoom 122
Fax: 419.383.4233 firstname.lastname@example.org
2007 Toledo Mud Hens Game
The University of Toledo SAAAPA organization held an event at a Toledo Mud Hens Game on August 23, 2007 to welcome the incoming PA Class. The Toledo Mud Hens are the Triple-A farm team (highest minor league level) for the Detroit Tigers. Each incoming PA student and all current SAAAPA members received a FREE ticket to the game - sponsored by SAAAPA. Family, friends, and other guests were also invited at a special discounted group rate.
Current SAAAPA members (class of 2008) welcomed the incoming PA Class of 2009 by inviting
them to a Toledo Mud Hens game. This event
served as a great way for the new students to get to know each other outside of the
classroom and for the students from the two different
classes to also meet and interact with one another. As a new student in any PA program,
there are many questions that are much
easier to ask at a social function outside of the classroom. In such a rigorous program, the
biggest asset for students is
the comraderie gained by getting to know and connect with their classmates; and events
like this are a big help in making those connections.
The event was a big success (approximately 75 people attended) thanks to the planning
and cooperation of the UT SAAAPA members.
See pictures below.
First and Second Year PA students posed with "Muddy," the Mud Hens' Mascot.