- Office of Student Involvement Home
- GET INVOLVED Calendar
- Forms & Reservations
- Student Org Listing
- Handbooks & Policies
- Traditional Events
- Parent and Family Weekend
- Promoting Your Event
- SO Marketing
- About our office
- Contact Us
- Additional Involvement
- - Greek Life
- - Commuter Student Services
- - Levis Leadership UT
- - SWAT
- - The Big Event
- Ask Rocky
- Campus Directory
- Campus Safety
- Sexual Assault Info
- Student Code of Conduct
- Title IX Info
- University Police Dept.
- UT Crisis Guide
- Center for Experiential Learning and Career Services
- Distance and eLearning
- DSA Assessment
- First Year Experience
- Student Disability Services
- Office of Excellence
- Office of New Student Orientation Programs
- Office for the Student Experience
- Online Student Planner
- Outstanding Adviser Award
- Parents and Family
- Registration Dates/Info
- Success Coach Program
- Student Academic Grievance
- Student Handbook
- Student Government
- Student Organization List
- Student Union
- Undergraduate Research
- UT Dining and Hospitality
- Walk In Wednesday Advising
3504 Student Union
Mail Stop 105
The Office of Student Involvement strives to make annual reporting and budget requests as smooth as possible. As we are approaching the end of the 2013-14 academic year, the time for student organizations to submit their annual reports is here. To maintain your status as a registered student organization, the leadership team should turn in an annual report by Friday, February 27, 2015 which is the deadline for priority budget consideration but no later than Friday, March 13, 2015 which is the absolute deadline.
Priority Deadline? What is this?
The Priority Deadline of Friday, February 27th is an attempt to encourage organizations to get the annual report and budget request paperwork in early so that we can begin to review it and possibly request additional funds from the University. There is no need to get excited if you can't meet the priority deadline, there are no penalties for not tuning in your budget request until March 13th and your request will still be considered. What we will do though, is if there are requests that are equal in every other way, we will give preference to the application that was submitted before February 27th.
|All Student Organizations:|| Annual Report
|Student Organizations Requesting Funds:|| Budget Request
|Student Organizations Requesting Office, Mailbox or Shadow Box:|| Space Request
Friday, February 27, 2015
Annual report instructions
The purpose of the annual report is to serve as an overview and recap for the 2014-15 academic year and use as a springboard for budget request and preparation for the 2015-16 academic year. The annual report includes:
- Organization’s activities
- Membership demographics
- Fund utilization (if receiving a University budget)
- Intended activities for the up-coming academic year
- Off-campus bank account information
- Budget , office, phone, mailbox and shadowbox requests for the up-coming academic year (optional)
The following are steps and guidelines that should be followed when completing an annual report:
- Before completing the annual report, please be sure to work with other organization members to gather the materials needed to complete the report.
- Once all materials are gathered, designate a student org officer to fill out the annual report. Be aware that the report must be completed by the student organizations officers. Advisors may be consulted, but should not complete the report for the students.
- If you are interested in a budget, you can request a budget for the 2015-16 academic year by completing a budget request form and attaching It to the student orgs annual report. Your student org may also request office space, a phone, a mailbox or shadowbox.
- When the report is complete, submit it electronically to the Office of Student Involvement by emailing it to email@example.com. For any questions, visit the Office of Student Involvement SU 3504 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Budget request instructions
The Office of Student Involvement Staff and Student Activities Committee (SAC) will use the information submitted in your organization’s annual report to help make decisions about how funding will be allocated. A member of your student organizations leadership team should submit completed budget request forms along with annual reports by Friday, February 27, 2015 which is the deadline for priority budget consideration or Friday, March 13, 2015 which is the absolute deadline.
The following are steps and guidelines that should be followed when completing the budget request form:
- Before completing a budget request form, please be sure to complete a student organization annual report. Also be sure to gather all receipts, invoices, and account information that may be needed to complete the budget request form.
- Once all materials are gathered, designate a student org officer to fill out the budget request form. Be aware that the report must be completed by the student organizations officers. Advisors may be consulted, but should not complete the report for the students.
- When the report is complete, submit it electronically to the Office of Student Involvement by emailing it to email@example.com. For any questions, visit the Office of Student Involvement SU 3504 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complete Step-by-Step Instructions
For a complete step-by-step set of instructions for completing a Budget Request, download this document.