Greek Life Events
Keep us with our office and support other Greek Life members and chapters by checking
out these events!
Need help planning your chapter's event? Take a look below to learn how to get started planning your event.
Plan your event
Ready. Set. Go!
Quick! Before you start planning your fraternity or sorority event, ask yourself these questions:
- What is the purpose of this event?
- What activities will this event have to fulfill its purpose?
- What is the event budget?
- What materials will be created and distributed to promote this event?
- Do I have a list of all of the UT Departments/Offices/Programs that need to be involved for approval and success of this event?
Now that you’ve answered the questions above, here are your next steps:
- Determine event date, time and location. Don’t forget to consider: religious holidays, cultural perspectives, athletic schedules, other campus events and weather.
- Reserve location for specific date and time.
- Determine event theme.
- Determine admission charge, if applicable.
- Determine entire event timeline from set-up to tear down.
- Coordinate all event details.(Security.Tents, tables, chairs, etc. rentals. Audio/visual needs. Electricity/water needs. Catering needs. Decorations according to theme.)
- Create and distribute all marketing materials in a timely fashion.Don’t forget! Marketing materials with a UT logo must be approved and stamped by the University Marketing & Communications Office in University Hall Room 2110.
- Determine your event Plan B, should anything go awry.
- Have any questions along the way? Contact the Office of Student Involvement at:
Office of Student Involvement
Student Union Room 3504 — Main Campus
Office Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:15 a.m.-5:00 p.m.