OSI: Forms & Reservations
PLEASE NOTE: This page has been relocated to http://www.utoledo.edu/studentaffairs/osi/forms.html
Be sure to update any bookmarks, links or saved information as this page will no longer be updated beyond August 7th, 2014.
Event Registration and Reservations
We are dedicated to making the reservation process for your student organization events as smooth as possible. The following steps and guidelines should be followed when planning an event on campus.
It is recommended that reservations should be submitted twenty-eight (28) days in
Refer to the Student Involvement Magazine for full guidelines and stipulations.
1) Determine your desired space. Refer to the Student Involvement Magazine for a list of available spaces. You can check availability online as well, http://vems.utoledo.edu.
2) Once you have determined your desired space, whether it be in the Student Union, Doerman Theatre, Libbey Hall, the Flatlands, Centennial Mall, the REC Center, the Health Education Center, a residence hall, or an Academic Room, complete the Event Registration Form and submit it to:
Office of Student Involvement & Leadership
Student Union, Room 2525
Contact Person: Rubye Wise
3) Once the appropriate request and paperwork have been submitted to the office as listed above, the staff will make the room reservation for you and initiate the approval process. Depending on the nature of your event, this may include needed approval from UT Auxiliary Services (food waiver), UTPD, Grounds, Risk Management, etc. All events where food is served will require a Food Waiver.
4) Once all approvals have been received, your reservation will be confirmed and you will receive a confirmation email. The confirmation email will include any stipulations, requirements, and/or information about additional paperwork needed before your event can take place. It is the responsibility of the student organization leaders/representatives to ensure all stipulations are met according to the deadlines set forth in the confirmation email. If they are not, your room reservation will be canceled.
5) Additionally, it is the responsibility of the student organization leaders/representatives to make appropriate arrangements with the Student Union, Outside Vendors, Caterers, and other pertinent parties regarding details and logistics of your event.
6) Any event where a contract is required, must have all paperwork submitted TEN weeks prior to the event. Contact the Office of Student Involvement & Leadership to assist you with this process.
Contracting DJ Services
1) Contact WXUT first for DJ availability using the WXUT DJ Services for Student Organization Event Form.
2) If available the student organization must use WXUT DJ services.
3) If not available, student organizations must provide proof from WXUT that the request was submitted.
4) WXUT DJ services must be requested FOUR weeks prior to the event date.
5) DJ services from outside resources will not receive payment until after their performance via US Postal mail. No checks will be available before or on the day of the service.
6) All necessary DJ service packet/forms must be on file at least FOUR weeks prior to the event.
7) DJ service packet includes:
- Verification of WXUT DJ Services for Student Organization Event Form.
- DJ service contact - complete
- W9 - complete
8) The maximum amount of payment allowable for outside DJ services is $50 per hour of service, unless approved by the Dean of Student or designee.
The Officer Listing Form needs to be submitted by the third week of each semester and/or when new officers are elected. Be sure to read and sign the backside as well!
Looking to target a specific group of students for your event or organization? Just complete Directory Information Request and submit to the Office of Student Involvement & Leadership, SU3504. The list will not be provided to your organization; however, the Office of Student Involvement & Leadership will email your information directly to the students or organization leaders.
By utilizing the Publicity Application you can promote your events or programs within the Student Union and on kiosks throughout campus. Reserve the space by submitting this form to the Office of Student Involvement & Leadership, SU3504.
You can also promote your events with Rocket Blast! Events are posted on the UT site weekly and can also be found on Rocket Blast's CollegiateLink page. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the date, time, location, and contact information for your event!
Travel Authorization and Liability Waiver
Are you or members of your organization traveling to represent The University of Toledo? Be sure to submit the Travel Authorization Form and Liability Waiver for each student traveling to the Office of Student Involvement & Leadership, SU3504 TWO weeks before you leave! Liability Waivers must be completed in blue or black ink, must include participants name, address, event/travel location, date(s), and must be witnessed prior to submission.
Need help funding your event or travel?
Registered student organizations can apply for Special Event, Collaborative Event or Travel Funding at least four weeks before the event or travel. The Student Activities Committee (SAC) is the committee that hears Special Funding Requests. This committee meets most Friday afternoons during fall and spring semesters. A representative of the student organization must verbally present the funding request to the committee during the scheduled meeting. SAC's priority is to provide funding for on-campus events that are open to all students. SAC may provide funds for other events and for travel, but these are lower in priority. Special funding also comes from student general fees and may not be used for charitable contributions, stipends, personal property, operational expenses, food for travel, any political campaign, refunds, giveaway or prize items.
If your organization is looking to solicit donations from commercial vendors, be sure to complete the Donation Form and submit to the Office of Student Involvement & Leadership, SU3504 BEFORE contacting vendors.
Need office space for your organization. Office space has been assigned for the 2013-2014 academic year. Requests for future space will be due in March 2014. Utilize this document to request a Mailbox or Shadowbox for your organization.
New Student Organization
Interested in starting a new student organization? The New Student Organization Application Packet will assist you with this process. Once you have completed the paperwork, submit to Office of Student Involvement & Leadership, SU3504. OSI staff will review the materials and you'll be notified when your organization has been approved!
If you would like a sample constitution template to start from, please download (Sample Constitution) and customize it for your new organization. Please remember to leave all Bold and Underlined text in your constitution exactly as it appears in this document. Editing this text will cause for delays in getting your new Organization approved.
Contract Request Form
Use this form whenever an entertainer, performer, speaker, etc. is brought to campus by a student group, organization or department.
Special Funding Requests
All requests for Special Funding (Events or Travel) are presented to and reviewed by the Student Activities Committee (SAC). SAC is a committee of students and staff that reviews student organization constitutions, annual budget requests as well as funding requests for special events and travel. Annual budgets are requested through the Annual Report process each spring. Requests for Special and Travel funds are reviewed on a rolling basis throughout the year and must be submitted a minimum of 4 weeks prior to the event or travel. For more information on SAC, please visit the Student Activities Committee webpage.
Annual Report for 2013-14 and Budget, Office Space, Mailbox and Shadowbox requests for 2014-15
|All Student Organizations:||Annual Report||
|Student Organizations Requesting Funds:||Budget Request|
|Student Organizations Requesting Office, Mailbox or Shadow Box:||Space Request|
Friday, February 28, 2014