- Resources for Student Success Home
- Message from Assistant Provost
- Meet the Team
- Center for Experiential Learning and Career Services
- High School Outreach
- Offices of Excellence
TRIO-Student Support Services
- Office of Academic Access
- Student Athletic Academic Services
- Testing Services
- Tutoring - Learning Enhancement Center
- Writing Center
- Additional Resources
- Undergraduate Research
- Center for International
Studies and Programs
- Office for the Student Experience
- Office of New Student Orientation
Tests are given in the Testing Center, Field House Room 1080
Hours: 9:00 a.m. – 4:45 p.m. Monday, Tuesday and Friday;
9:00 a.m. – 7:30 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday
English (ENGL 1110, Composition I) – Must have an ACT English score of 20 or higher. If students have taken the ACT test and do not yet have the results and want to register for English Composition I, an English placement test must be taken. Students will be asked to write an essay on a given topic; the writing will be evaluated for content, coherence, development, and style. This test is used for placement into Academic Writing, College Composition I with Workshop, College Composition I, or College Composition II.
Chemistry - This test is comprised of high school chemistry and mathematical concepts. There
are 44 multiple-choice questions and use of a non-programmable calculator is permitted.
The chemistry department provides information and a few practice questions on its
Web site: http://homepages.utoledo.edu/ajorgen/practicequiz.asp
Scratch paper is allowed on mathematics tests, but calculators are not.
- Math 1180 - Math ACT of 16-36: No placement test required. Math ACT of 0-15 requires Elementary Algebra or College Algebra placement test. See PSEOP Adviser concerning placement test student should take.
- Math 1210, 1260, 1320, 1330 - Math ACT of 20-36: No placement test required. Math ACT of 0-19 requires Elementary Algebra or College Algebra placement test. See PSEOP Adviser concerning placement test student should take.
- Math 1340 - Math ACT of 20-36: Trigonometry test required. Math ACT of 0-19 requires College Algebra placement test. Contact PSEOP Adviser after taking the placement test(s).
- Math 1750 - Math ACT of 22-36: No placement test required. Math ACT of 0-21 requires Elementary Algebra or College Algebra placement test. See PSEOP Adviser concerning placement test student should take.
- Math 1850 - Math ACT of 27-36: Trigonometry test required. Math ACT of 20-26 requires a College Algebra AND Trigonometry placement test. Contact PSEOP Adviser after taking the placement test(s).
Foreign Language - The first level of a foreign language class is the 1110 (example: SPAN 1110, Elementary Spanish I). If a student has taken prior high school course work in the language the student wants to register for, a placement test must be taken. Students will not be permitted to register for classes higher than the 1110 level unless this test has been taken. The test covers grammatical structures, vocabulary and reading comprehension. Tests are offered in these languages: Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Latin, and Spanish.