- Resources for Student Success Home
- Message from Assistant Provost
- Meet the Team
Student Support Services (TRIO)
- SSS / TRiO Home
- 0300 Carlson Library
- Contact Us
- What Does TRIO Stand For?
- Faculty/Staff Information
- Mission Statement
- Meet the TRIO SSS Staff
- Applying to the Program
- Contact SSS
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The foundation of the program rests on the on-going individual advising and academic counseling students receive from TRiO staff. Advising is provided to help students focus and direct academic efforts towards their chosen area of interest as well as potential career goals. Along with the many other resources on campus, students will have a place to discuss options, opportunities and possibilities.
TRiO provides assistance with all aspects of educational planning and scheduling each semester.
- Academic Performance Monitoring in the form of Progress Reports
- designing your schedule and making long range academic plans
- advice on prerequisite courses and minors
- strategies for maintaining and improving GPA
- help with study skills
- assistance with any concerns that have the potential to place you in academic jeopardy
TRiO advisors are available to help you understand and cope with the challenges that students face in college. We help participants transition to college; assist in major and career selection; and provide assistance in identifying internship, employment, and study abroad opportunities that will enhance student experiences.
- encouragement and advocacy
- appropriate campus or community referrals
- Assistance with course or term withdrawal, as needed.
Financial Aid Advising
Students are assisted in completing their financial aid applications through group information sessions, individual sessions and referrals.
Graduate School Preparation
In conjunction with the Career Services Center, students are assisted in applying for summer research and graduate school preparation programs.
There are no fees for our services.