We are excited that you would like to join the TRiO Student Support Services (TRiO). The application process is on-going beginning August 1st annually.
Applications are located in the TRIO office (CL0300) or you can complete one on-line.
After submitting an application you will be scheduled for an Intake Interview. Within
a week of that interview you will be notified if you have been accepted.
Once you are a member it is easy to reactivate your file the beginning of every fall semester in order to use the services for the new academic school year.
What are the requirements to become eligible for TRIO?
To qualify for Student Support Services Program services, you must meet certain criteria. Almost 70% of students enrolled at UT meet one of the criteria to receive the TRiO's specialized services.
- Pell eligiblility
- First in your family to pursue a four-year degree
- Registered with Student Disability Services
For more information, applicants should review the criteria to determine eligibility for TRIO.
Where and how do I apply?
Download a copy of the Simple application and mail or drop it off at the TRIO office at 0300 Carlson Library, Mail Stop 523, Toledo, Ohio 43606. You can also scan your completed application into an Adobe format and email it to email@example.com. Include a copy of the following with your application if applicable:
- A financial statement
- A copy of your plan of study (from your adviser)
- If applicable, a copy of certification of disability (verification through Office of Student Disability Services)
What happens after I apply?
- Once you complete your application you should schedule an interview with a member of the TRIO SSS staff.
- If the information you provide confirms your eligibility, you will be sent a letter informing you that you have been fully accepted into the TRIO SSS program.
What will the TRIO SSS program do for me?
- Our staff takes an interest in every student from their first day to their graduation day and often times beyond.
- TRiO staff are skilled in offering support for your success as a scholar regardless of your major.
- Our low student to staff ratio means that you will never feel rushed or that your concerns were not met.
- TRiO identifies the resources you need to successfully compete in an academic environment, including tutoring, peer mentoring, and personal development.
- You will make new friends.
There are no fees for our services.
Why does TRIO Student Support Services ask for personal information?
TRIO Student Support Services respects your privacy. The project only collects, stores and uses your personal information for defined purposes set by the Department of Education. The information is used to support and enhance your individual services, to provide services and support, and share UT resources and announcements with you. The information is encrypted and maintained on the UT intranet. SSS shares personal data with the information with the Department of Education in the form of an annual report. At any time you may contact SSS with any privacy questions or concerns.
The information required for the SSS Annual Report includes personally identifiable information such as social security numbers (SSN), name, date of birth, as well as information on each individual's eligibility for services and the student's academic progress.
SSS only uses your personal information for purposes related to Federal Regulations and University of Toledo policies.
In accordance with the Privacy Act of 1974 (Public Law No. 93-579, 5 U.S.C. 552a), the Department of Education is authorized to collect information to implement the Student Support services program under Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended (Pub. Law 102-325, Sec. 402D). In accordance with the authority, the Department receives and maintains personal information on participants in the Student Support Services program. The principle purpose for collecting this information is to administer the program, including tracking and evaluating participant progress.