Department of exploratory studies
- UT Course Catalog
- Career Services
- Study Strategies
- GPA Calculator
- Health Insurance
- Division of Student Success
- Tutoring- Learning Enhancement Center
- Placement Testing
- Counseling Center
- Honors College
- Rocket Orientation
- Writing Center
- U.Select:Guide to College Transfer
- MyUT - Web Portal
Rocket Hall 1830/1840
Monday - Friday
8:15 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
The relationship between advisor and advisee is one of shared responsibility, although the ultimate responsibility for making personal and educational decisions rests with you. Your potential for academic success can improve considerably through relationships with advisors, who can provide assistance in identifying educational options and enhancing student potential. Your Department of Exploratory Studies academic advisor is your primary resource regarding academic issues until you declare your major in a college at UT.
When you should see your advisor:
- at least once a semester to pick classes toward the next term
- if problems arise in successfully completing coursework
- before adding/dropping/or withdrawing from classes
- if you will be taking classes over the summer elsewhere
- if you have a questions about majors, program requirements, UT etc.
|Office Location:||Rocket Hall Suite 1830/1840 Campus Map|
|Hours:||Monday - Friday 8:15 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
Department of Exploratory Studies is open year-round except for University and Federal Holidays.
In order to provide the best service, appointments are strongly encouraged.
New transfer students are encouraged to bring a transcript of previous college course work to their advising appointment.
During the week prior to the start of each semester, and during the first week of the semester, all advising is done on a walk-in basis.
To make an appointment: Call 419.530.1250 or stop in Rocket Hall 1830/1840 and sign up at the front desk
How do you Declare your Major? (word document)