College Credit Plus
- Admission Requirements
- Apply Today
- Books & Supplies
- Class Types
- Courses Offered
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Getting Started
- Important Dates
- Important Links
- Online Learning Instructional Videos
- Orientation & Important Information
- Promotional Brochure
- Student Testimonials
- Technical Support
Important News about College Credit Plus
Fall 2015 will introduce new curriculum delivery systems to enhance access and convenience.
In order to give Ohio high school students the opportunity to pursue higher education and reduce the cost of doing so, the Ohio Department of Education, Ohio Board of Regents and the Ohio legislature in conjunction with universities and community colleges in the state have worked together and created the College Credit Plus (CCP) program. This program will combine the previous Post Secondary Enrollment Option and Dual Enrollment programs and will include Tech Prep.
UT’s College Credit Plus Program: innovative technology, expert faculty and the most course options available to the dual credit student.
The University of Toledo’s College Credit Plus program gives college-bound high school students the opportunity to earn college credit and high school credit simultaneously. This gives students the advantage of starting the transition to college early, while reducing the cost and length of time to receive a degree. They will have already received college credit.
High school students can take part in the college experience, interacting with full-time college students and university faculty, while experiencing the rigor of college-level courses.
More Courses Available
All courses in the UT catalog are available to CCP students at the regularly scheduled class time and some are also available online.
More Access and Guaranteed Transferability
Additionally, a selection of high quality, Ohio Transfer Module compliant general education courses are offered in a variety of modalities. With these courses access is improved and transferability to Ohio public colleges and universities is guaranteed.
To maximize accessibility, convenience and scheduling flexibility, courses can be taken six different ways.
- 100% Online - Synchronous (Set time and day)
- 100% Online - Asynchronous (Anytime. Anywhere)
- Blended (online and classroom) - UT Campus
- Blended (online and classroom) - High School Campus
- Face to Face - Classroom on UT Campus
- Face to Face - Classroom on High School Campus
In addition to the general education courses, there are many entry-level dual credit courses offered that are one hundred percent in the classroom on UT’s campus or online.
Benefits of UT’s College Credit Plus Program
- There is no cost to the student or families for course and instructional materials
- All students are assigned a Success Coach who has the responsibility to ensure that the student has someone with whom they can meet and confer to receive guidance regarding scheduling, advising, University policies or any other questions they may have
- All courses are taken with UT undergraduate students
- All College Credit Plus students are considered UT students and have access to many benefits and student support services
- Credits earned can transfer toward a bachelor’s degree. General education courses offered in the six modalities meet the Ohio Transfer Module (OTM) that guarantees transferability to Ohio universities and colleges
- Courses can integrate virtual labs, simulation center visits and other special resources only UT can offer
- All students have access to their instructor via email; or telephone and in-person during posted scheduled office hours
- Electronic tablets and devices are preloaded with eBooks, apps and high-quality images, videos and simulations for many classes
To find out more about the College Credit Plus program at The University of Toledo download a PDF of our latest brochure.