Prospective MBA Students
For admission to the program, The University of Toledo MBA program requires a 2.7 undergraduate GPA on a 4.0 scale and a score of 450 on the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) with a minimum score of 20 in both the verbal and quantitative sections.
ALL APPLICANTS must submit the following documents to the College of Graduate Studies:
- Online application for graduate admission.
- $45 non-refundable application fee.
- Typed Statement of Purpose.
- Official transcript from each collegiate institution attended other than The University of Toledo.
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) results. Test results must be from within the last 5 years. Official scores must
be sent directly from the Educational Testing Service to the College of Graduate Studies.
UT alumni applicants who graduated in the last three years as well as applicants with significant, relevant, and progressive work experience (deemed acceptable by COBI Graduate Programs Office and COBI Executive Associate Dean) may qualify for a GMAT waiver. Contact the College of Business & Innovation Graduate Programs Office for information about the GMAT waiver at COBIGradPrograms@utoledo.edu or at 419.530.5680.
- A minimum of one letter of recommendation. Recommendations can be provided by individuals who know you from an academic background or professional working relationship. Recommendations from friends or family members are unacceptable and will not be reviewed.
- Resume must be submitted with online application for consideration of waiver based on significant, relevant, and progressive work experience (deemed acceptable by the COBI Graduate Programs Office and COBI Executive Associate Dean).
INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS must submit the following additional documents:
- TOEFL. On the TOEFL, a minimum score of 550 (paper based), 213 (computer based), or 80 (internet based) is required. The TOEFL is not required if you completed an undergraduate degree in the United States. Please note that beginning Spring 2014, IELTS will not be accepted for language proficiency.
- Fall Semester - August 1
- Spring Semester - November 15
- Summer Semester - April 15
- Fall Semester - May 1
- Spring Semester - October 1
- Summer Semester - March 1
Late registration fees will be assessed for those who miss the on-time registration period.
The MBA program admits students on a rolling basis, meaning that we will admit students as soon as their application for admission is complete. The above deadlines are to be used as a guideline; for example, domestic students who have not begun their application for fall term admission by August 1 will find it very difficult to complete all of the steps necessary for admission, financial aid, and registration. We suggest that prospective students start their application at least 6 months in advance of their anticipated first term of attendance.
Click here to apply now!
MBA Foundation Courses
The Foundation Courses (18 credits) consist of introductory graduate level business courses, and can be waived for students who earned a C or better in equivalent undergraduate courses. Any of the foundation courses not waived upon admittance and enrollment in the MBA program must be taken at the graduate level. Once admitted to the MBA Program, we will not accept credit for equivalent classes that are taken at the undergraduate level.
- ACCT 5000 - Financial and Managerial Accounting
- FINA 5210 - Economics for Business Decisions
- FINA 5310 - Managerial Finance
- MKTG 5410 - Marketing Systems
- OPMT 5510 - Applied Business Statistics
- OPMT 5520 - Analysis of Manufacturing and Service Systems
A list of the UT undergraduate equivalent courses can be found by clicking here to view the MBA Plan of Study. Students are also welcome to discuss other undergraduate courses (at UT or another school) with the Graduate Programs Office to see if they will transfer into the program to meet 5000-level course requirements.
MBA Core Courses
The Core Courses (24 credits) consist of in-depth courses covering the many facets of business, along with a comprehensive course in strategic management. BUAD 6900, Strategic Management Capstone, is designed to tie all the aspects of the program together in your final semester, and features guest speakers, case studies and simulations.
- BUAD 6100 - Accounting for Decision Making (pre-req: ACCT 5000)
- BUAD 6200 - Corporate Finance (pre-req: FINA 5310)
- BUAD 6300 - Strategic Marketing and Analysis (pre-req: MKTG 5410)
- BUAD 6400 - Results-Based Management
- BUAD 6500 - International Business
- BUAD 6600 - Supply Chain Management (pre-req: OPMT 5520)
- BUAD 6800 - Information Technology and E-Business
- BUAD 6900 - Strategic Management Capstone (pre-req: BUAD 6200 and BUAD 6300)
Students who successfully completed 3 or more classes in a functional area at an AACSB-accredited university are eligible to replace the core class in that area with any MBA elective. For example, a student who majored in Finance and minored in Marketing as an undergraduate at a AACSB-accredited school would be eligible to replace BUAD 6200 and 6300. This option allows students with an academic background in business to customize their degree to a greater extent, but this does not decrease the number of credit hours needed to graduate. All MBA students must complete a minimum of 11 classes (33 credit hours) at the 6000-level.
All MBA students must complete a minimum of 3 electives (9 credit hours) at the 6000 level in the College of Business. You can select any combination of electives and earn your MBA in General Administration, or you can major in an area by taking the required electives outlined for that particular area. It is possible for MBA students to earn up to two majors. MBA students can currently pursue the following majors:
- General Administration
- Healthcare Systems Management
- Human Resource Management
- Information Systems
- International Business
- Operations Management
Click here to view a full list of MBA Majors and their courses.
12 credit hours $6,322.32/semester $4,993.44/semester
Credit hours above 12 $135.90/credit hour $116.15/credit hour
Fewer than 12 credit hours $526.86/credit hour $416.12/credit hour
Click here to view the complete Finance Brochure on the Treasurer's Office website.
Companies that hired COBI graduate students in the past five years:
American Honda Motor Company
Best Buy, Inc.
Dana Holding Corporation
Ernst & Young
Fifth Third Bancorp
Ford Motor Company
Gilmore, Jaison and Mahler
J. M. Smucker Company
JP Morgan Chase
Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Mass Mutual Financial Group
Mercy Health System
Penn National Gaming
ProMedica Health System
Rolled Alloys, Inc.
Sherwin Williams Company
The Andersons, Inc.
The J.M. Smucker Company
William Vaughan Company
Wright Patterson Air Force Civilian Jobs
The University of Toledo/UT Medical Center