Welcome to the LEC
- Lake Erie Center Home
- Our Mission
- Upcoming Events
- Faculty, Staff & Students
- News & Reports
- Education & Outreach
- Prospective Students
- NSF GK-12 Program
- NSF URM Program
- FOLEC (Friends of the LEC)
- UT Sustainability
- Natural Sciences & Mathematics
- Sigma Xi
- Maps and Directions
- Contact Us
- View the Fall 2014
LEC Newsletter (PDF, 1.6 mb)
- View our recent press releases
- Lake Erie Center Weather Station
- View streaming video from our recent public lectures
- Learn about our Environmental Sensor Network
- Wetlands Restoration Project
6200 Bayshore Rd.
Oregon, OH 43616
August movie screening will provide an overview of surface and groundwater watersheds,
in addition to the controversial issue of water
diversions. With these concepts and issues as a backdrop, the film will examine the
Great Lakes Compact Agreement and provide information
on how individuals can shape policies related to water use and protection.
A discussion regarding Great Lakes water and the Great Lakes Compact will follow the screening, led by Dr. Kenneth Kilbert, University of Toledo Professor of Law.
This film is a collaboration between scientist Rebecca Klaper and filmmaker Matthew Radcliff. Funding was provided by Wisconsin Coastal Management, UWM Great Lakes WATER Institute, and Paignton Pictures.
A preview can be seen on YouTube at:
For an event flyer, click here.