Welcome to the LEC
- Lake Erie Center Home
- Our Mission
- Upcoming Events
- Faculty, Staff & Students
- News & Reports
- Education & Outreach
- Prospective Students
- NSF GK-12 Program
- NSF URM Program
- FOLEC (Friends of the LEC)
- UT Sustainability
- Natural Sciences & Mathematics
- Maps and Directions
- Contact Us
- View the Winter/Spring 2013
Newsletter (PDF, 1.5mb)
- Lake Erie Center Weather Station
- Check the Nowcast Water Quality Report for the Lake Erie Beach at Maumee Bay State Park
- View streaming video from our recent public lectures
- Learn about our new Environmental Sensor Network
6200 Bayshore Rd.
Oregon, OH 43616
August movie screening will provide an overview of surface and groundwater watersheds, in addition to the controversial issue
diversions. With these concepts and issues as a backdrop, the film will examine the Great Lakes Compact Agreement and provide
on how individuals can shape policies related to water use and protection.
A discussion regarding Great Lakes water and the Great Lakes Compact will follow the screening, led by Dr. Kenneth Kilbert, University of Toledo Professor of Law.
This film is a collaboration between scientist Rebecca Klaper and filmmaker Matthew Radcliff. Funding was provided by Wisconsin Coastal Management, UWM Great Lakes WATER Institute, and Paignton Pictures.
A preview can be seen on YouTube at:
For an event flyer, click here.