Information Technology - Business Bachelor's Degree Overview
The information technology (IT) program is a unique program offered jointly by the College of Engineering and the College of Business and Innovation. The program features a hands-on education leading to careers in the management of the technology infrastructure of organizations of all types and sizes.The IT program specifically focuses on the technology side of information technology and emphasizes on interfacing technologies and the management of technologies. The cirriculum covers the operational support and administation of diverse computing systems and the integration of existing technologies, components and products. With careful selection of electives, students completing the program can qualify for a minor in business.
What to expect when you graduate
IT graduates are employed in all types of organizations using computing systems and working in positions such as network technicians, technical support specialist, help desk manager, LAN manager, project manager, and database administrator. Demand for professionals with these skills is expected to outpace available supply.
College of Business and Innovation Highlights
- High-touch, high-tech environment - Students study and practice with the tools, software and situations they'll encounter in the business world thru fully equipped learning labs.
- Internships - More than 85 percent of students do an internship. Through our connections and placement support, we help students secure a position in town or across the country.
- High placement rate - About 80 percent of our students find jobs after graduation; this has remained consistent, even with the economic downturn.
- New facilities - Our new Savage & Associates Complex for Business Learning and Engagement opened in 2009 and our Stranahan Hall was completely renovated in 2011. Our students learn in some of the newest and most innovative spaces on campus.
- Our sales program is ranked top in the country - Bottom line: if you want to get into sales, the UT College of Business and Innovation is where you should go to get your degree.
- We offer many major-minor combinations - We offer bachelor's degrees in 13 different areas of business, with a major and minor in each for students to mix and match.
Information Operations Technology Management prepares students for careers in Information Systems, Supply Chain & Operations Management, and Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (BSIT) careers emphasizing a more technical focus.
Information Technology - Business Bachelor's Degree Curriculum
Information Technology - Business Bachelor's Degree4-year program
Program Quick LinksView Admission Requirements
Department of Information, Operations and Technology Management (IOTM)
College of Business and Innovation