College Credit Plus
- Class Types
- How It Works
- Courses Offered
- Technical Support
- Apply Today
- Brochure (PDF)
- CCC+ Home
Memorial Field House
3rd Floor East
Toledo, OH 43606
The University of Toledo’s College Credit Plus program gives college-bound high school students the opportunity to earn college credit from courses they take while in high school. Our series of high-quality general education courses are offered at no cost to students or their families
You must be a high school student in grades 9-12 and meet the following requirements:
- 9th Grade Requirements - must have a 3.5 GPA (based on Eighth Grade report card). Only one course can be taken per semester.
- 10th Grade Requirements - must have a cumulative 3.5 GPA. Only one course can be taken per semester.
- 11th Grade Requirements - must have a cumulative 3.4 GPA and either a 25 ACT, or rank in the top third of his/her class. May attend full-time (12 credit hours) if high school schedule permits.
- 12th Grade Requirements - must have a cumulative 3.2 GPA and either a 25 ACT, or rank in the top third of his/her class. May attend full-time (12 credit hours) if high school schedule permits.
- Must have passed all sections of the Ohio Graduation Test, if taken.
- If you are not a U.S. citizen and/or an Ohio resident you may incur an out-of-state surcharge.
Please call John Adams in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions at 419.530.8888 with any questions regarding admissions.
- Get information about the program from your high school guidance counselor the school year before you want to participate in the program.
- Discuss the program with your parents and get their permission to participate.
- Register with your high school as a dual credit student by the March 30th deadline.
- Complete the University of Toledo Post-Secondary Enrollment Options Application form and submit it to the University of Toledo Office of Undergraduate Admissions with a current, official high school transcript, and ACT/SAT results (if you have taken the ACT or the SAT).
The online aspects of our courses are delivered with Blackboard Learning Management System, at blackboard.utdl.edu. The following videos also show some aspects of how Blackboard works:
Dual Credit Courses taught at the high school
- Student must be a high school junior or senior in good standing
- Meet GPA requirement set by the high school
- Meet college class pre-requisites
- If required, take on-site UT placement test
- Obtain permission to participate from parent/guardian and high school
- Must pass all sections of Ohio Graduation Test.
How to Get Started if your high school has partnered with UT
- Complete Dual Credit application form, provided by high school, application deadline is generally the first week of June
- Submit official high school transcript along with application to the high school office, including the Program Approval form
- Course registration will be handled by the University
- Attend UT orientation at the high school
- Attend class on high school campus during normal high school hours
Students can only participate if their high school has an agreement with UT and approves the student's participation.