Master of Business Administration
Marketing Specialization with Concentration in Sales Leadership
Required M.B.A. Core Courses:
- BUAD 6100 Account for Decision Making, 3 credit hours
- BUAD 6200 Financial Systems, 3 credit hours
- BUAD 6300 Strategic Marketing & Analysis, 3 credit hours
- BUAD 6400 Results-based Management, 3 credit hours
- BUAD 6500 International Business, 3 credit hours
- BUAD 6600 Supply Chain Management, 3 credit hours
- BUAD 6800 Information Technology & E-business, 3 credit hours
- BUAD 6900 Strategic Management Capstone, 3 credit hours
Required M.B.A. Courses for Marketing Specialization with Sales Leadership Concentration (2)
- MKTG 6240 Sales Force Leadership and Strategy, 3 credit hours
- MKTG 6250 Global Sales and Strategic Customer Management, 3 credit hours
Elective M.B.A. Courses for Marketing Specialization with Sales Leadership Concentration (pick 1)
- MKTG 6980 Special Topics - Sales for Social Impact or International Sales Negotiation, 3 credit hours
- MKTG 6140 Customer Relationship Marketing, 3 credit hours
- MKTG 6220 Integrated Marketing Communications, 3 credit hours
Sales Leadership Course Descriptions
MKTG 6140 Customer Relationship Marketing (3 credits)
Course will examine the theoretical and managerial development of relationship marketing as an organizational strategy to build and maintain profitable customer relationships
MKTG 6220 Integrated Marketing Communications (3 credits)
Course focuses on the integration of marketing communication tools in achieving desired changes in consumer attitudes and behaviors. Organizations realize the benefit of integrating their marketing communication efforts to achieve synergistic and superior results.
MKTG 6240 Sales Force Leadership and Strategy (3 credits)
The roles and functions of the business-to-business sales manager will be examined, including using market and competitive analysis in sales planning and strategy development, as well as sales management operations.
MKTG 6250 Global Sales and Strategic Customer Management (3 credits)
The focus of this course is on key, major and strategic account selling. The process of sales planning and account strategy for strategic accounts will be emphasized. The course will employ role play and live cases to develop skills and theoretical frameworks for the development of major accounts. The course will emphasize account management skills and policies, including managing relationships and servicing key accounts.
MKTG 6890 Special Topics (3 credits)
Current issues/developments in marketing, international business, or business economics are discussed.