Over $60,000 awarded yearly, funded through The UT Foundation and the Toledo Museum of Art with significant awards designated for entering freshmen.
Awards for continuing students include:
- W. Sinclair Walbridge Scholarship
- James G. Southworth Scholarship for Ceramic Art Study
- Athena Art Society Award
- Art Interests, Inc. Award
- Matthew K. Morgan Memorial Scholarship
- Douglas Mark Palmer Memorial Scholarship
- Sara Jane DeHoff Art Scholarship
- Toledo Artists Club Scholarship.
Contact the Department of Art for Continuing Student Scholarship Application information in February. (Sophomores - Seniors)
Freshman Scholarship Opportunities
The University of Toledo Department of Art welcomes visually gifted and enthusiastic
students with a strong commitment to the study of art. Selection is based on evidence
of outstanding creative ability and academic excellence. Applicants must have a minimum
grade point average of 3.0, and a slide portfolio is required. With the exception
of the Sara Jane DeHoff Art Scholarship, financial need is not a consideration. All
applications will be considered for each of the four available scholarships as appropriate.
All awards are restricted to UT students.
Sara Jane DeHoff Art Scholarship
Up to $2,000 is given to an entering female freshman majoring in studio fine art, art education or art history. This scholarship is based on financial need, and it is offered for a four-year period with the provision that the recipient maintains a 3.0 GPA.
W. Sinclair Walbridge Scholarship
W. Sinclair Walbridge Scholarship is available to promising and talented entering freshmen who enroll as studio fine art majors at The University of Toledo.
Art Interests Inc. Scholarship
Art Interests Inc. Scholarship is available annually to outstanding entering freshmen pursuing a career in studio fine art or art education.
Complete the Scholarship Application form and return it with the following supporting materials to the Department of Art by March 1, 2014:
• Two letters of recommendation - one from your high school art instructor and one from another adult (counselor, family friend, etc.).
• A copy of your high school academic record.
• A portfolio of artwork (CD), consisting of 6, two- and/or three-dimensional examples of your work.
• Include a list of image file names with medium and dimension.
• Images should be JPEG images, @ 72 dpi, 800 to 1,600 pixels on the long edge.
• Please submit only one image of each piece. No multiple views or details are necessary.
• If you would like to have your materials returned, please include a self-addressed #10 business-size envelope with adequate postage.
Send all application materials to:
Entering Freshmen Scholarship Committee
The University of Toledo Department of Art
620 Grove Place
Toledo, OH 43620
Scholarship awards will be announced in March, and payment will be made in the fall upon verification that students are enrolled full-time in the appropriate program at The University of Toledo
For additional information, please call the Department of Art at 419.530.8300.
• Download the Freshman Scholarship Application Form
Earning a college degree from The University of Toledo is one of the best and most important investments you can make. The University of Toledo is dedicated to helping every student who wants a UT education to be able to afford one.
Case in point - 4,331* students in UT’s 2004 fall freshman class are the recipients
of a financial scholarships or award in some capacity.
If you are a current UT student (not including post-secondary students), check out the scholarship offerings for current students in our Scholarships and Awards Guide.
Considering UT for the future?
You may be eligible for one or more of our Triple Pledge Admissions Scholarships and Awards
For more information on all of UT scholarship and award offerings, please contact: