- DLAR Home
- Animal Procurement and Transportation
- Manuals and Guidelines
- DLAR News Bulletins
- Accreditation & Regulatory Information
- Articles of Interest
- Contact the DLAR Office
- IACUC Home
- Occupational Health & Safety
Contact Us1.800.586.5336 firstname.lastname@example.org
“All animals must be acquired lawfully, and the receiving institution should ensure that all procedures involving animal procurement are conducted in a lawful manner…Transportation of animals is governed by a number of U.S. regulatory agencies and international bodies…Movement of animals within or between sites or institutions should be planned and coordinated by responsible and well-trained persons at the sending and receiving sites to minimize animal transit time or delays in receipt.”
Ordering animals from an approved commercial vendor (approved animal vendors):
1. Complete an Animal Requisition Form.
2. Submit the order by Wednesday for the following week.
3. DLAR will notify the lab upon receipt of the animals.
4. Rodents require a minimum of 3 days to recover from the stress of shipping.
Obtaining animals from a non-commercial vendor (other institutions):
1. Complete a Material Transfer Agreement Checklist.
2. The Technology Transfer office will negotiate the Material Transfer Agreement.
3. Complete the DLAR Researcher Questionnaire form.
4. DLAR will work with the other institution to exchange health reports and arrange the shipment.
5. Upon receipt, the animals will be placed in quarantine on the Main Campus for approximately 8 weeks. It is recommended that a meeting be scheduled with DLAR to discuss any activities during this time.