Environmental Health and Radiation Safety

What to do in the event of a CIVIL DISTURBANCE

Civil disturbances include riots, demonstrations, threatening individuals, or assemblies that have become significantly disruptive.

In the event of a civil disturbance at UT:

  • If you are on campus, contact UT police at x-2600. If you are off campus, call 9-1-1.
  • Avoid provoking or obstructing demonstrators.
  • Secure your area (lock doors, safes, files, vital records, and expensive equipment).
  • Avoid the area of the disturbance.
  • Continue with normal routines as much as possible.

Ifthe disturbance is outside, draw your blinds, stay away from doors or windows, and most importantly, STAY INSIDE!!!







Last Updated: 6/30/19