What to do in the event of a CIVIL DISTURBANCE
Civil disturbances include riots, demonstrations, threatening individuals, or assemblies that have become significantly disruptive.
In the event of a civil disturbance at UT:
- If you are on campus, contact UT police at x-2600. If you are off campus, call 9-1-1.
- Avoid provoking or obstructing demonstrators.
- Secure your area (lock doors, safes, files, vital records, and expensive equipment).
- Avoid the area of the disturbance.
- Continue with normal routines as much as possible.
Ifthe disturbance is outside, draw your blinds, stay away from doors or windows, and most importantly, STAY INSIDE!!!