UT Faculty Club/
Health Science Campus
The Hotel at The University of Toledowebmaster@utoledo.edu
|CODE OF REGULATIONS|
The name of this Club is The University of Toledo Jacobson Faculty Club. The fiscal year of the Club shall begin on the first day of July.
1.The officers of the Club shall be president, president-elect, secretary, treasurer, and such other officers considered necessary, and will be elected from within by the Board of Directors. The term of the offices of president and president-elect shall be one year, with the latter assuming the position of president at the end of that term. The terms of the other officers shall be two years.
2. The President shall preside over all meetings of the Club. The President shall sign all written contracts and obligations of the Club, except checks, and shall perform such other duties as directed by the Board of Directors.
3. The President-elect, in the President's absence, shall preside over all meetings of the Club.
4. The Treasurer shall be responsible for the collection of all initiation fees and dues, keeping of the accounts, and payment of all bills of the Club. All checks on Club accounts shall be signed by such persons as may be authorized by resolution of the Board of Directors. The Treasurer requests funds from and deposits funds into the Foundation Account #774026. The Treasurer shall report thereon whenever requested by the Board of Directors. The accounts shall be audited annually. The Treasurer shall provide an annual statement at or before the annual meeting.
5. The Secretary shall give notice of all meetings of, and all elections to, the Club, and of meetings of the Board of Directors, and keep the minutes of such meetings. The Secretary shall conduct the correspondence and keep the records of the Club. The Secretary shall notify persons elected to the membership and shall furnish the Treasurer the names of such persons. The Secretary shall maintain a monthly room reservation schedule for use of the Club and post the monthly calendar at the Club entrance. The Secretary shall furnish the same monthly calendar to the The Hotel at UTMC Sales and Catering Office along with a current membership list including membership numbers.
1. The Board of Directors shall have general charge of the affairs, funds, and property of the Club.
2. There shall be twenty (20) Directors of the Club, who shall be elected from the regular membership. Each Director shall serve for a two-year period and can be re-elected any number of times. One-half (10) of the Board shall be elected each year.
3. A Nominating Committee, consisting of three (3) Board members, shall be appointed by the President. Their responsibility will be to nominate candidates for election or re-election of the Board of Directors.
4. One month before the annual meeting, the Board of Directors shall elect, from their own, the officers as shown in Article II, Section I of this Code. (President and president-elect for one-year terms and secretary and treasurer for two-year terms.)
The various standing committees, as deemed necessary by the Board, shall be elected or appointed at this time.
5. The Board shall meet at least six (6) times per year at regular intervals or any time at the request of any officer or member of the Board. A majority of the Board of Directors present shall constitute a quorum. The Secretary shall give adequate notice of each meeting.
6. The Board shall have power to elect officers and directors to fill vacancies prior to the next annual meeting when necessary.
1. The annual meeting shall be held in April or May of each fiscal year. At that meeting the elections for the next fiscal year will be held.
2. Special meetings of the Club may be called at any time by the Board of Directors or by fifteen (15) members of the Club in good standing and the reason for the meeting stated in writing. Written notice of all meetings of the Club, whether annual or special, shall be given to each member at least two weeks prior to the meeting date.
1. Membership in the Club shall consist of the following:
- Full-time Faculty of UT
- Part-time Faculty of UT
- Administrators of UT
- Volunteer Faculty of UT
- Current and Former Trustees of the UT Board of Trustees
- Current and Former Trustees of the UT Foundation Board of Trustees
- Emeritus Faculty and Staff
- Retiree Club of UT
3. Any member or group of members, including the Board of Directors, by showing just cause, may object to the acceptance of the prospective member. Objections should be stated in writing or in person to the Board, however, the vote of the Board will be final.
4. Membership cannot be transferred.
1. Resignation of membership shall be made in writing to the Board of Directors. No resignation shall be accepted unless the member has paid all indebtedness to the Club.
2. Any member may be suspended or expelled from the Club by vote of not less than two-thirds of the Board of Directors without notice to said member. Such action shall be final.
1. The Board of Directors shall establish basic dues for the memberships. Such dues shall be payable annually. All dues are subject to increase or decrease at the discretion of the Board of Directors.
In addition to regular dues, new members may be required to pay an initiation fee to cover all assessments made prior to their becoming members.
2. The Board of Directors shall adopt rules for notifying members of indebtedness, for suspension of credit, and for forfeiture of membership. These rules are as follows:
On the first day of each month (or as soon thereafter as may be practicable), the regular monthly bill will be sent to the Club member by the Toledo The Hotel at The University of Toledo. If the bill is not paid on or before the first day of the following month, a second bill will be rendered. If the indebtedness is not paid on or before the last day of the second month (60 days), a special notice will be included in the billing stating the member's credit is liable to suspension at the end of 90 days. If said indebtedness is not discharged on or before the last day of the third month (90 days), the member's credit will automatically be suspended. Continued failure to pay the indebtedness will be cause for the member to be expelled from the Club and legal action may become necessary.
1. The Club's space at the Toledo The Hotel at The University of Toledo is for the use of all members at all times; however, reservations for the room, business or personal, should be made through the secretary of the Club. It must be understood by the member that other members can use the space at the same time.,
2. Private parties may be scheduled through the secretary of the Club. However, it must be understood by the member that other members are allowed to use the space at the same time.
3. Social events as well as business meetings and/or events are encouraged to be held in the Club.
4. Furniture should not be added to the room nor should furniture be removed for any reason. The Sales/Catering Office of the Toledo The Hotel at The University of Toledo should be contacted for any special seating/table arrangements at least one (1) week prior to the event.
5. When food and/or beverages are required for an event, it must be purchased through the Toledo The Hotel at The University of Toledo by contacting their Sales/Catering Office at least 10 - 14 days prior to the event.
6. Smoking is not permitted in the Club at any time.
The Code of Regulations of the Club may be amended at any annual or special meeting by a vote of simple majority of participating members. Notices of proposed amendments must be furnished in writing to the membership at least one week prior to that meeting.
|ADDENDUM TO CODE OF REGULATIONS|
Revised Dec. 1992
Revised Feb. 1998
Revisions approved Jan. 2008