Teach Toledo advisors and staff will help students interested in Teach Toledo accomplish this paperwork. In order to be admitted to the University of Toledo, a person must:
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Request official transcripts of diploma or GED be submitted to The University of Toledo directly from the high school or the state
- Request official transcripts of all post-secondary schools that the student has been admitted to be sent to The University of Toledo directly from those institutions
- For direct-from-high-school students, a minimum 2.0 GPA or ACT score of15, or SAT score of 740 is required for admission to the University of Toledo
Required for Participation in the TEACH TOLEDO Program
In order to be selected for participation in Teach Toledo,
- The candidate must be admitted to University of Toledo
- The candidate must file the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) statement
- Preference will be given to those planning a career in education; however, others are welcome to participate as space allows
- The candidate must participate in an oral interview, which will include the following questions:
- What is your experience living, working, or attending school in urban settings that gives you valuable knowledge to contribute to this program?
- What is your commitment to urban education as your profession (i.e., why is do you have the career goal is work in urban schools)?
- Participants in Teach Toledo will be selected based on admission application and interview. The number of participants per cohort is limited.
Required for Participation in Teach Toledo Program
After being selected for the program, the following are required:
- The Teach Toledo candidate will submit his or her responses to the interview questions in writing prior to the first day of classes.
- Prior to first day of classes the Teach Toledo candidate must either (a) have an ACT score of 20 or higher, or (b) take the ALEKS math placement test.Students who do not qualify for the MATH 1210 course based on the placement test are still welcome to be part of Teach Toledo but will be required to participate in weekly math tutoring, provided free of charge, throughout Year One to prepare to take MATH 1210 in Year Two.
- Prior to first day of classes, the Teach Toledo candidate must have a background check completed in order to clarify if the student will be eligible for a future teacher license. A negative background check will not necessarily disqualify a student from taking classes through Teach Toledo.