Financial Aid Menu
- Financial Aid Home
- Consumer Information Links
- Contact Us
- Dates / Deadlines
- Loan Consolidation
- Loan and TEACH Grant Checklist
with MPN and counseling links
- Student Loan Code of Conduct
- Staff Directory
- Summer Financial Aid Information
- Financial Literacy
- UT FAQs for Parents and Families
- 2014-15 Finance Brochure (Fees and Policies)
Follow the steps below based on your borrowing history. Documents that need to be returned to the Office of Student Financial Aid may be mailed to The University of Toledo, Office of Student Financial Aid, MS 314, 2801 W. Bancroft St, Toledo, OH, 43606-3390 or drop off at 1200 Rocket Hall.
Existing DL Stafford Loan Borrower
If you were a subsidized and/or unsubsidized Stafford Loan borrower at The University of Toledo during the 2011-12 academic year, you can accept/adjust/decline your loans by using the myUT portal or by signing and returning your 2012-13 Award Notification to the Office of Student Financial Aid. This action will start the processing of your loan(s). You do not need a new Master Promissory Note (MPN) unless it has expired.
New DL Stafford Loan Borrower at UT
- Accept/adjust/decline your loans by using the myUT portal or by signing and returning your 2012-13 Award Notification to the Office of Student Financial Aid.
- Complete the DL Master Promissory Note (MPN)
- Complete the mandatory one-time Stafford Loan Entrance Loan Counseling
The order of the above steps may vary, but all need to be completed prior to aid being applied to the student’s account.
Parent PLUS Loan (for parent of a dependent undergraduate student)
- Parent: Complete PLUS Request Process at studentloans.gov
- Parent: Sign the Parent PLUS Loan Master Promissory Note (MPN).
When borrowers receive their first student loan, many are not aware of how loans work, or even what it means to be a borrower. That's why the Department of Education (ED) established regulations requiring borrowers to complete entrance counseling before their loan(s) can be delivered to their student account.
Perkins Loan Entrance Counseling
The Department of Education requires entrance counseling for the Perkins Loan program borrowers. This tutorial type session must be completed prior to any funds being put on your student account. This entrance is in addition to entrance counseling completed for the Stafford Loan program. Once you have accepted your Federal Perkins Loan you will receive an email with instructions on how to complete your requirements for the Perkins Loan.