College of Graduate Studies




Contact Us

Main Campus
University Hall
Room: 3240
Mail Stop 933
Phone: 419.530.GRAD (4723)
Fax: 419.530.4724

Health Science Campus
Mulford Library
Reception Desk Room 113
Mail Stop 1042
Phone: 419.530.GRAD (4723)
Fax: 419.383.6140

Mailing address:
The University of Toledo
College of Graduate Studies
2801 W Bancroft
MS 933
Toledo, OH 43606

Faculty & Staff: Graduate Assistant Information

Student Account Issues

Late Payment Fees

  • Graduate Assistants incurring late payment fees due to delays in GAPA processing may have their fees waived IF the student has paid all other fees for which the student would normally be responsible (i.e. legal fee, special service fee, facility fee, general fee, tech fee, etc.) by the designated due date on the treasurer's website. Questions and assistance with calculating these fees may be obtained from Rocket Solutions Central at 419-530-8700.

Late Registration Fees

  • Students are required to register before the beginning of the semester, even if their assistantship has not been processed. The College of Graduate Studies can not waive late registration fees.  Graduate Assistants must be registered by the 15th day of the semester in order for the university to receive state subsidy.

Out of State Awards

Students may be eligible for one of the below Out of State Awards. Both awards could affect other Financial Aid and/or student loans you may be eligible for.

  • If the student is continuing scholarship, the financial aid office will renew scholarship each academic semester (Fall and Spring) automatically.
  • New student must fill out a Terms and Condition form; links supplied below or can be obtained by visiting the College of Graduate Studies, Room 3240. Once form is submitted, the students' eligibility will be verified, the scholarship will be placed on the Financial Aid system, and student will receive an email conforming eligibility. Student will see scholarship on their account by scrolling down to the "Memo Financial Aid" section, on their student account. The scholarship will not disburse to your account until the first day of classes.
  • Students will receive scholarship for up to 8 semesters;after which they will be asked by Financial Aid office to submit a Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Plan of Study form
  • The scholarship is not refundable or stackable.
  • Scholarship is equal to Graduate out-of-state surcharge, up to a maximum of 9 credit hours per semester.
  • Summer semester is not automatic; students are required to complete a summer financial aid application by logging in to their MyUT account, under the student tab,"My Financial Aid" section (on left), and click on the summer aid application. At this point, the application will prompt you to select whether scholarships only(Sister City or Michigan Initiative) or all financial aid (this requires filling out FAFSA).
  • If student doesn't attend either Fall or Spring semester, after previously receiving the scholarship, they must follow the same process as summer.

Sister City:

Michigan Initiative:

Last Updated: 8/23/17