Welcome to Division of Health Education
- Eta Sigma Gamma
- Contact Webmaster
Office of Student Services
Gillham Hall MS914
Toledo, OH 43606
Student Services Website
The Division offers the following academic degree programs:
- Bachelor of Science in Public Health
- The Public Health program is designed to prepare students to work in voluntary health organizations, in local, state and national government health agencies, or in worksite wellness.
- Master of Public Health in Health Promotion and Education
- Health Promotion and Education is one of the specializations in the Master of Public Health (M.P.H.) Degree program offered through theNorthwest Ohio Consortium for Public Health. This Program is accredited by Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH). This specialization provides advanced study of professional skills and professional competencies in the area of health education, health promotion, and health behavior. Students graduating from this major are prepared to assist communities, organizations and individuals in working toward a healthier society by using appropriate educational, behavioral, and social change strategies.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Health Education
- The mission of the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Health Education program is to prepare doctoral degree graduates in advanced study and research in health education. The program prepares advanced students to contribute to the field of health education through teaching, research, and service. Although health and research courses are required, the program is individualized through selection of elective courses and a cognate to develop each student for leadership roles in academia, private health sector, or government agencies.
The division faculty offer a variety of courses under the course acronyms of HEAL, representing all health education undergraduate and graduate courses, and PUBH, representing all Master in Public Health courses. The course descriptions can be found from the following links: