- Main Campus Medical Center
- Clinic Services
- Dental Services
- Mental Health Services
- Occupational Exposures
- Psychology Clinic
- Student Health Insurance
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Notice of Privacy Practices
- Satisfaction Survey
- Contact Us
Health Science Campus
Ruppert Health Center (Lower Level)
12:00 PM - 5:00 PM
9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
9:30 AM - 1:30 PMwebmaster@utoledo.edu
A student who experiences an exposure during evening or weekend hours, should contact the UTMC Nursing Administrator for questions and follow-up care. Contact the operator at (419) 383-4000 and ask them to page the UTMC Nursing Administrator.
What students need to do in the event of blood or body fluid exposure:
1. Flush the area thoroughly with soap and water when possible. Cover the puncture with a dressing.
2. Notify supervising faculty member and your preceptor.
3. Seek IMMEDIATE Risk Exposure Evaluation AT THE SITE where the exposure occurred. You will need to contact UTMC Nursing Administration 419-383-4000.
5. Initial health care and evaluation must be received immediately.
6. Notify the emergency department at 419-383-3888 as soon as the exposure happens for instructions.
Policy No.: 04-016-02