Waiver Criteria (NEW 2015-2016)
The University believes it is important that all students maintain health care coverage
to help ensure academic success and well-being.
New for 2015- 2016 If you are required by your program/college to have health care coverage, the charge for student health insurance care coverage will be placed on your student account. This coverage is required for students in the MD program and in the Colleges of Nursing, Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sciences, Health Sciences, and for student-athletes. If you are an international student holding a J-1 visa and have a federal requirement for health care coverage, the charge for that coverage will be placed on your student account. The charge may be waived after you provide evidence that you have other, comparable health care insurance/coverage.
- The student must be covered on one of the following:
- Medicare or Ohio Medicaid
- Embassy Sponsored Health Insurance or Exchange Agreement (International Students Only)
- Another student health coverage plan if enrolled concurrently at another University or College
- Another insurance plan whose benefits are comparable to UT's student health insurance plan.
- Plans must offer an unlimited lifetime maximum coverage for domestic students per federally required regulations and $100,000 for international students which do not have to meet federally required regulations.
- Plans must provide coverage for both in-patient and out-patient medical care in the Toledo area (including the University of Toledo Main Campus Medical Center). Emergency-only care is not sufficient. (Please note that most out-of-state HMO's do not meet these criteria.)
The coverage must remain in force throughout the 2015-2016 academic years.
Should you have questions regarding your personal insurance meeting the above requirements, please contact your insurance company representative directly.