If you wish to request to waive UT's student health insurance plan, your personal insurance must meet the following requirements.
- The student must be covered on one of the following:
- Medicare or Ohio Medicaid
- Embassy Sponsored Health Insurance or Exchange Agreement (International Students Only)
- Another student health insurance plan if enrolled concurrently at another University or College
- Another insurance plan whose benefits are comparable to UT's student health insurance plan
- Plans must offer a lifetime maximum benefit of at least $500,000 in coverage.
- Plans must provide coverage for both in-patient and out-patient medical care in the Toledo area (including the University of Toledo Main Campus Medical Center). Emergency-only care is not sufficient. (Please note that most out-of-state HMO's do not meet this criteria.)
- The coverage must remain in force throughout the 2013-2014 academic year.
Should you have questions regarding your personal insurance meeting the above requirements, please contact your insurance company representative directly.