- UT Research Enterprise
- Minority Business Development Center
- Center for Family & Privately-Held Business
- Center for Technology Entrepreneurship & Innovation
Interim Chief Executive Officer
Innovation is happening every day across UT’s three campuses and medical center. To harness this opportunity and for the good of the State of Ohio, UT has launched a $10 million dollar fund to spur and support innovation and commercialization.
The innovation fund was established to invest in technologies discovered at UT and the surrounding area and help bring them to the marketplace. The fund will assist with the translation of these technologies into innovative commercial products and services, as well as the start-up of new technology-based companies to develop them.
All investment opportunities are reviewed by an investment analysis group, an investment committee, and the Innovation Enterprises Board of Directors
If you are interested in applying for financing, we evaluate all projects based on their:
- Mission-congruency with the University
- Degree of local presence
- UT spin offs
- Local inventions
- Businesses from outside the Toledo area, but with validated potential for positive economic benefit to our area
- Validation of scientific/technical, educational and charitable merits
- Contribution to stability and sustainability
- Community development primarily within the northwest Ohio economic region
Innovation Enterprises also has many ties to third party funding sources with whom you can work. To take the first step toward applying for financing or assistance in locating funding sources, please contact us or use our Request Assistance form.