- UT Research Enterprise
- Minority Business Development Center
- Center for Family & Privately-Held Business
- Center for Technology Entrepreneurship & Innovation
Interim Chief Executive Officer
Rocket Innovations was created to connect you to UT’s vast academic resources in a manner that is quick, easy, and efficient. Whether you’re interested in finding faculty expertise in a particular subject matter, getting advice on how to best move your business or research idea forward, finding incubation space to develop your ideas, or learn more about ways in which you can more effectively support the university’s efforts, we’d like to hear from you. Send us an e-mail, or use our Request Assistance form.
Research Centers and Infrastructure
Research is Ohio’s newest growth industry. A robust research environment is critical for Ohio’s ability to compete for the jobs of the future. We are harnessing the resources of UT to assist Ohio in its quest to emerge as a major force in the global economy, building on our strengths in research to keep—and attract—top talent.
UT represents an enormous repository of expertise, and our faculty are conducting world-class research and transferring their discoveries to the marketplace. UT received about $72 million in sponsored funding in FY 2009. According to the National Science Foundation (NSF), the University ranked 166th among all US universities in 2007 R&D expenditures and, within Ohio, UT was ranked 5th in terms of R&D expenditures.
- UT also now has 16 active spin-off businesses, generating about 100 local technology positions. Several have attracted $1 million + in third party validation funding.
- UT currently has 3 campuses with more than 400,000 square feet of research space and business incubation space with plans to grow in the next two decades to keep up with the university’s growing research mission.
- The development of an economic engagement plan for UT – The Relevant University and the region with a connecting Strategic Land Use Plan for UT displays how the University will connect research and other strategic initiatives in the community for the economic growth of the region.
- UT has many centers and institutes that actively engage with the businesses and the community. UT also has two Centers of Excellence designated by the State of Ohio - The Center of Excellence in Advanced Renewable Energy and the Environment and The Center of Excellence in Biomarker Research and Individualized Medicine (BRIM). A Center of Excellence in Transportation and Logistics has also been proposed to the State of Ohio.
Internships and Coops
Brainpower is Ohio’s greatest business generator, and a well-trained workforce is Ohio’s most powerful energy supply. With over 230 degree programs, UT educates many of the areas physicians, nurses, engineers, business managers, teachers, lawyers and other professionals. We’re committed to recruiting Ohio’s best and brightest and preparing them for great jobs here at home. Your current and future workforce is right here. Find them through our internship programs and placement offices.