- UT Library Catalog | Reserves
- Library Record (Renewals)
- Interlibrary Loan (ILLiad)
- Online Journals List
- Research Databases
...find articles and more!
- OhioLINK Homepage
Topic & Course Guides
Our chat service is unavailable at this time. Please leave a message at firstname.lastname@example.org or 419-530-2325.
Finding Internet web sites" page for more evaluation criteria.
- Who's responsible for content?
- Reputation of author/group?
- Author/group affiliation apparent?
- Email link to author/group?
- Information verifiable?
- What have reviews said?
- Purpose made clear immediately?
- Audience identified immediately?
- Content appropriate?
- Reading level appropriate?
- Graphics appropriate
- Organization appropriate?
- Meets needs of intended audience?
- Detailed or Overview?
- Links to other sites?
- Contains original Content?
- Abstracted or full-text?
- Time periods covered?
- Subjects covered
- Scope stated or only implied?
- Balanced or biased?
- Sources cited?
- Done comparison testing?
- Updated how often?
- Pages dated?
- Source of the information?
- Static or dynamic content?
- Links/pages updated often?
- Lots of "dead links"?
- Is there a copyright date?
- Designed well?
- Organization easy to deduce?
- Information where you expect to find it?
- Navigation buttons lead where they should?
- Graphics load quickly?
- Text well written, not wordy?
- Graphics add to site not detract?
- Available when you need it?
- Server response time?
- Page load limit?
- Low-bandwidth version available?
- Need extra software/plug-ins?
- Work with graphic and non-graphic browsers?
- Intuitive search engine?
- Adequate search help, samples?
- What percentage is searchable?
- How long do searches take?
- Commonly available in other formats?
- Difficult to locate?
- Unique to the Net?
- Compliment to other materials?
HELP FOR VISITORS
- Help files available in a consistent place?
- In-context help?
- Written for target audience?
- Use of "techie talk" kept to a minimum?
- Different help files for different visitors?
Adapted from an OHIONET workshop by Gail Junion-Metz of Information Age Consultants, Columbus, Ohio, December 3, 1997.