Meal Plans Overview
|Plan||Total Cost||Dining Dollars||
Meal Swipes Per Week
Food Restrictions and Accommodations
The University of Toledo will work with and provide support to students, faculty, staff, residents, volunteers, patients and visitors who have food restrictions due to medical, religious and personal reasons. The University will take reasonable steps to ensure anyone that has a food consumption restriction is not exposed to unnecessary risk when eating on any of its campuses’ food venues. Please remember that Residential Students with less than 1 full year (Fall & Spring Semester) must purchase either a Blue, Gold or Rocket Plan and Residential Students with more than 1 full year (Fall & Spring Semester) must choose a plan of their choice to include Blue, Gold, Rocket or Block 150/75/50/25 Meal Plan.
If you do have a food restriction or need additional accommodations, please follow the below procedural steps:
- Affected individual is to contact dinning services offices at 419-383-4256.
- The Sr. Director of Dining Services will be contacted immediately to offer support.
- The Sr. Director of Dining Services will arrange a meeting with the individual seeking support.
- This meeting will be held in person or phone to review the restriction.
- A tour of the dining facilities will take place when possible to educate the individual of current options.
- The Sr. Director of Dining Services and will craft a plan, within reason, to accommodate the validated preferences and or restriction. (We may accommodate within reason and limitation, all restrictions except “Organic Food” requests at this time.)
- If the request is of a clinical nature (Physician Validated Food Restriction Required), UT Health’s Chief Clinical Dietician can be available for clinical support on a case by case basis.
- Complete the UT Food Restriction Form send via email and returned to Dining Services Sr. Director.
- The Sr. Director of Dining services will follow up with the individual to validate satisfaction.
*Only Physician Validation Food Restriction will be considered for review under the UT Meal Plan Policy.
Residential Students with less than 1 full year (Fall & Spring Semester) must purchase either a Blue, Gold or Rocket Plan
Residential Students with more than 1 full year (Fall & Spring Semester) must choose a plan of their choice
to include Blue, Gold, Rocket or Block 150/75/50/25 Meal Plan
A meal plan is pre-paid each semester and offers you the assurance of being able to eat without having to carry cash. All campus residents, with the exceptions noted immediately below, must purchase a meal plan.*
*Students residing in McComas Village are not required to participate in the meal plan program.
Meal Plans typically consist of two (2) components, Meal Swipes & Dining Dollars.
Residential Freshmen students are required to choose from the Gold, Blue & Rocket plans.
Weekly Meal Plans
Gold - $1,929 per semester
- 17 meals per week
- $55 Dining Dollars per semester
You’ll never go hungry with this plan! With this plan, you can eat up to 17 meals per week at any of the all-you-care-to-eat traditional dining halls, any day of the week. $55 Dining Dollars is yours for retail venues such as Subway, Magic Wok & Starbucks among others are included in this plan.
Blue - $1,822 per semester
- 13 meals per week
- $275 Dining Dollars per semester
This is the default meal plan that will appear on your student bill if you are living on campus and you do not manually change your plan prior to the close of the add/drop period. With this plan, you can eat up to 13 meals per week at any of the all-you-care-to-eat traditional dining halls, any day of the week. This plan also includes $275 Dining Dollars.
Rocket - $1,366 per semester
- 10 meals per week
- $150 Dining Dollars per semester
The Rocket Plan allows you to eat up to 10 meals per week at any of the all-you-care-to-eat traditional dining halls, any day of the week.
This plan also includes $150 Dining Dollars.
Block Meal Plans
The Block plans are perfect for the commuter student, faculty, or staff member who desire to eat in the Dining Halls on an occasional basis. With these plans you have a pre-set number of meals for the term/semester. Your meal credits may be used at any of our all-you-care-to-eat traditional dining halls. This gives you complete control over when and how you want to use your meal credits! Also included with the block plans are Dining Dollars to use at any of the other dining venues.
(May be purchased from electronic PHIL Stations at Rocket Hall or Student Union by South Dining)
- 5 Meal Swipes