Faculty and Staff
Beata Lecka-Czernik, Ph.D.
Head of laboratory
Research Director, Center for Diabetes and Endocrine Research
Ph.D. 1985, Polish Academy of Sciences, Poland
M.Sc. 1980, University of Warsaw, Poland
- molecular mechanisms of bone loss induced by anti-diabetic drugs
- gene and stem cell therapies in bone fracture healing
- molecular switches in osteoblast and adipocyte differentiation
- role of bone marrow in energy metabolism
Peter J. Czernik, Ph.D.
Director, Micro-computed Tomography Services
Ph.D. 1991, University of Warsaw, Poland
M.Sc. 1982, University of Warsaw, Poland
- bone healing process in a presence of implants and biomaterials
- regulation of gene expression during bone cell differentiation
- biomarkers of bone formation in human MSC
- In silico modeling of gene regulation
Sima Rahman, Ph.D.
Ph.D. 2011, University of Toledo
M.Sc. 2005, Bowling Green State University
Yalin Lu, RN
RN 1982, Capital University of Medical Sciences, China
Shilong Huang, M.D., M.Sc.
Former Postdoctoral Fellow
M.D. 2006, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China
M.Sc. 2001, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China
- osteoclast differentiation in mouse model of hyperinsulinemia
- the effect of anti-diabetic drugs on bone in animal models
- bone healing proccess in mouse model of distraction osteogenesis