- Mission Statement
- CeDER Administrative Structure
- Research Programs
- Faculty Editorial Board
- Trainees Archive
- Core Facilities
- Enrichment Programs
Health Science Campus
Block Health Science Building
Room 144, Mail Stop 1009
The University of Toledo Center for Diabetes Self-Management, Education and Training
Dr. Raymond E. Bourey is the Director of The University of Toledo Center for Diabetes Self-Management, Education and Training program. The program was created to meet the need for education and treatment of large numbers of diabetics and guide them to a healthy lifestyle.
- To treat each individual with kindness and compassion; to listen and consider each person's needs.
- To create a positive impact on lives of individuals through implementation of patient-focused services.
- To empower individuals to take control of their healthcare through interactive education classes and self-management coaching.
- To provide an encouraging environment that values and promotes diversity, in which individuals can find answers regarding their healthcare and treatment goals.
- To become a center of excellence for diabetes education, providing education and services that meet local and regional needs.
The LEAP Clinic - Lifestyle, Eating, Activities and Attitudes Program For more information, please call 419-383-3771
University of Toledo Department of Pediatrics & The Morse Center/YMCA LEAP Clinic
The American Diabetes Association, Diabetes Meal Planning http://www.diabetes.org/food-and-fitness/food/planning-meals/
The Guide to Medicare Preventive Services for Physicians, Providers, Suppliers, and Other Health Care Professionals http://www.cms.hhs.gov/MLNProducts/downloads/mps_guide_web-061305.pdf
Diabetes-Related Services brochure http://www.cms.hhs.gov/MLNProducts/downloads/DiabetesSvcs.pdf
National Diabetes Education Program (NDEP) http://ndep.nih.gov/
In the News
Hard exercise curbs metabolic syndrome, read more http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/07/08/health/webmd/main4240477.shtm