- College of Medicine Viewbook
- Degree Offerings
- Medical School Pathways
- Admission Criteria
- Application Process
- Pre-Medical School Programs
- Overview of Medical School
- Academic Enrichment
- Transferring to UT Medical School
- MD Curriculum
- Dean of the College of Medicine
- Admissions Office Staff
- Class Profile
- UTCOM Match Summary
- The University of Toledo
- The University of Toledo Medical Center
- The Health Science Campus
- Toledo, Ohio
College of Medicine Policies
- Minimal Technical Standards
- Request for Transfer to the College of Medicine
- Process and Criteria for Achievement of Diversity and Excellence in the College of Medicine Class
- Guidelines for the Baccalaureate Degree into MD Program
- All College of Medicine Policies
Health Science Campus
Mulford Library Building419-383-4229 email@example.com
- Application Process
- Entrance Pathways
- Requirements for Admission
- Dual Degree Programs
- BS/MD Program - Bioingineering
- Secondary Application Process
- Diversity at UT HSC
- Frequently Asked Questions
- MEDStart Program
- Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship
- MedStartz Program (summer undergraduate academic enrichment program)
What are the minimum course requirements?
The minimum pre-medical course requirements are: one year of biological sciences, one year of general chemistry with labs, one year of organic chemistry with labs, one year of physics, one year of mathematics and one year of college English.
What are the other requirements for admissions? All matriculants to the M.D. program must have obtained at least a baccalaureate level degree. The MCAT (within the last 3 years) is strongly recommended unless you entered via the MEDStart Program or the direct from high school pathway through the College of Arts and Sciences or Bioengineering.
Additional pre-matriculation requirements include submission of final official transcripts from all undergraduate, graduate, and professional schools you have attended with degrees posted (if applicable). See attached policy: Submission of Transcripts
Successful completion and review of a criminal records check is also required. See attached policy: Criminal Records Check
Students must meet the Minimal Technical Standards for admissions. See attached policy: Minimal Technical Standards for admissions, matriculation and graduation
After acceptance you will also be required to submit the Pre-Matriculation Health Requirement Form. If you are claiming Ohio residency, the Residency Status for Subsidy and Tuition Surcharge Form must be completed and returned to the Admissions Office.
Students are selected for an interview on the basis of their individual qualifications
regardless of sex, religion, racial origin, marital status
or age. The Admissions Committee seeks evidence of general competence with special
attention given to the science GPA and the total MCAT score.
In addition, the applicants must demonstrate motivation and enthusiasm for medicine
as indicated from their volunteer experience, medical related
activities, service to others, leadership skills and/or research related activities.
They also must demonstrate personality and character traits
important to their future growth as a physician.
Class Profile of 2010 Entering Class