Welcome to the LEC
- Lake Erie Center Home
- Our Mission
- Upcoming Events
- Faculty, Staff & Students
- News & Reports
- Education & Outreach
- Prospective Students
- NSF GK-12 Program
- NSF URM Program
- FOLEC (Friends of the LEC)
- UT Sustainability
- Natural Sciences & Mathematics
- Maps and Directions
- Contact Us
- View the Fall 2013 LEC
Newsletter (PDF, 1.5 mb)
- View our recent press releases
- Lake Erie Center Weather Station
- View streaming video from our recent public lectures
- Learn about our Environmental Sensor Network
6200 Bayshore Rd.
Oregon, OH 43616
A peek into what happened with 2005's class of REU students.
We put up a volleyball net and a basketball rim at the LEC. This was done in part for the REU program but also to enhance the experience for employees, researchers, staff, and visitors. Our REUs work hard on their research projects, but they've shown they know how to relax and have fun too!
Here's the gang lined up for a game of volleyball.
Josh says 'this is my territory'!
REU students in action.
Jeff leads his team vs. the enemy.
Doug shows off his skills.
Team North planning the kill.
Another beautiful afternoon at the LEC sandlot.
A quick break for some roundball.