- Student Legal Services
- Policy Manual
- Ohio Revised Code
- Attorney General
- Meet Our Staff
- Contract Compliance - Health Science Campus
- Obtain and complete an Authorization to Hire (ATH) form and attach a copy of the position description and ad copy, indicating
where the ad
will be placed. Do not place the ad until the ATH and the Ad have been approved. Forward to the Office of the Dean for
approval. Upon the Dean’s approval, the form will be forwarded to the Office of the Provost, the Budget Office where the
Position Control Number (PCN) is assigned, and, finally, to the Office of Affirmative Action.
- Alist of potential committee members should be forwarded to the Office of Affirmative Action. There must be both female and
representation on this committee. You may recruit from outside of the department in order to fulfill this requirement.
chair of the committee should contact the Office of Affirmative Action to set up the necessary search training for the members
committee. If any member has not received this training within the past year, they will be required to complete the training.
- Upon approval by the Senior Director of Affirmative Action, a copy of the approved ATH will be sent to the department along
Affirmative Action Forms (VAAF) and a blank applicant roster. The VAAF cards are to be sent along with the letter of acknowledgment
each of the applicants in the pool. Names should be added to the roster and cards sent as the applications are received in
order to avoid
any unnecessary delays in getting approval of the interview pool.
- When the search deadline has been reached, the applicant roster listing everyone who has applied for the position must be
forwarded to the
Office of Affirmative Action, Mail Stop 903 or faxed to extension 8402. We will then begin to identify the race and sex
of the candidates based on the information in the VAAF cards received from the applicants. At this point, the search committee
begin to evaluate the curriculum vitae to determine the best candidates to interview for the position. When the committee
determined whom they would like to interview, you may call the Office of Affirmative Action with the names of these candidates.
Senior Director of Affirmative Action will review the both the overall pool and the interview pool for diversity. If there
diversity in the overall pool but none present in the interview pool, the committee may be instructed to conduct a second
review of the
c.v.s to see if a member of the neglected group (i.e. female, minority) is suitable to be invited for an interview. If the
still feels that none are acceptable, a memo is required to be sent to Affirmative Action justifying the exclusion of these
comparing their qualifications to those of the candidates who have been selected. Once this is approved, you will be notified
Office of Affirmative Action that you may proceed with the interviews.
- When the interviews are completed and a selection has been made, a Hiring Report must be submitted to the Office of Affirmative Action. This report is done in a memo format and addressed to Ricky Walker, Senior Director of Affirmative Action. The Hiring Report should include: the PCN, the names of the committee members, a list of the publications in which the position was advertised, the names of the individuals interviewed, the name of the selected candidate, the anticipated starting date and anticipated starting salary. Attach to this report a copy of the selected candidate’s c.v. and forward to Affirmative Action. This report may be faxed, in order to save time, to extension 8402. When the report has been approved, you will be notified that you may extend an offer to the selected candidate and the approved report will be forwarded to the Business Manager of your college so they are aware of the approval and to the Office of the Provost so they can include the new faculty member in the next orientation session. Next, the Academic Personnel Action form must be completed in order to add the new faculty member to the payroll. The Business Manager for your college will assist you in the completion of this form.
Circa November 7, 2001