Office of Quality and Continuous Learning
- Strategic Objectives
- Progress and Project Highlights
- OQCL Outcomes
- Professional Development
- HR Organizational Review and Recommendations: An assigned internal and external member task team to review the current structure of Human Resources paralleling the departure of the HR AVP. The task team included Dr. Sheri Caldwell, Dr. Dale Dwyer, Dr. Laurence Fink, Ms. Andrea Gurcsik, Ms. Carrie Herr, Dr. Clint Longenecker and Dr. Robert Yonker. The team prepared a report delivered to the VP of Administration in March 2007.
- Facilities Operations Continuous Improvement (Building Services Main Campus): Initial interviews in November 2006 with Diana Ganues, AVP, Facilities, revealed that Building Services on Main Campus has experienced a reduction in staff and budget and an increase in workload over a number of years with a corresponding decline in quality and employee morale. To better understand the challenges and potential paths forward, assessment interivews were conducted with HR, Building Services (management and employees), Environmental Services (management and employees), Residence Life, a Dean, Bill Logie, VP Administration and President Jacobs. The first phase of the action plan, designed to create a noticeable difference on the campus included: Campus Cleanup 2007 from June 18-22 (to reduce clutter) and Clean and Shine from June 25-August 10 (to polish floors and clean windows). The project is ongoing.
- EIT Customer Service Training Sessions: Under the leadership of Joseph Sawasky, EIT Customer Service Training was designed to raise the standards of EIT's customer satisfaction survey. Training participants totaled 125. Feedback from those participating in the training was extremely positive.
- Rocket Solution Central Customer Service Training: Under the leadership of Lisa Hasselschwert, Director, fourteen members of Rocket Solution Central attended the customer service training to prepare for August 2007 student start-up. Feedback from training participants was very good.
- Leadership Development Training - Managing in Today's Changing Environment: Sixteen Plant Operations/Maintenance Group managers attended the leadership development session taught by Dr. Jack Simonetti, Professor Emeritus, College of Business. Program evaluation results were excellent.
- IT Training Curriculum: In response to a comprehensive survey taken by the EIT Department concerning technology training on campus (700 participants), the office is currently working with Bob Hogle and Melissa Crabtree to design a technology curriculum for FY 2007-2008.
- Lean Health Care Process for HSC: Three options for addressing this continuous improvement initiative will be presented to Dr. Jeffrey Gold in September 2007.
By successfully completing projects such as those identified during FY 2006-2007, OQCL has begun to make a positive impact on the UT campus and community.