WO 1227, Phone: 419.530.2010
Connect With Us
Resources and Links
- Blackboard/WebCT Login
- Bully Incident Report
- College Catalog
- Drug Information Resources
- Experiential Education
- Honors Program
- Library/Learning Resources
- Research Opportunities for CPPS Students
- Student Affairs
- Student Organizations
- Success Coach Program
Main and Health Science Campuses
Wolfe Hall and Health Education Bldgs
WO 1227, Phone: 419.530.2010
HEB 155, Phone: 419.383.1904
Pharm.D. Degree Program
The College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences admits a select group of up to five highly qualified undergraduates with degree to the professional division of the Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) program each year. Additional degreed applicants may be admitted on a space-available basis after all qualified internal candidates have been admitted. Degreed applicants are students who have obtained a baccalaureate degree before applying for matriculation into the PharmD program at The University of Toledo and who display special dedication to the advancement of the profession of pharmacy through demonstrated activities such as employment in an associated field, research endeavor or other areas of achievement that demonstrate commitment and potential. Degreed applicants are also evaluated based upon demonstrated leadership, service of value to the greater good, academic achievement and exemplary communication skills.
To be considered for admission to the professional division of the PharmD program, degreed applicants must meet the following minimum criteria:
- Applicants must have received a bachelor’s degree from an accredited United States baccalaureate degree granting institution before applying to the UT PharmD program.
- The undergraduate cumulative GPA from that institution must be a 3.50 or above.
- All the prerequisite courses or equivalents must have been completed, with a grade of “B” or better, as determined by appropriate University of Toledo evaluating departments.
- Completion of two semesters of physiology or anatomy at the 200(0) level or higher (equivalent to courses required by biology majors) as approved by The University of Toledo College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Department of Pharmacology.
- All necessary course work must have been completed within the last seven years.
- Degreed applicants submit only one application to the PharmD program per admissions cycle.
Applicants will be required to submit an application, which will include information concerning employment history, activities that demonstrate leadership, service and dedication to the field of pharmacy, and other information important to the evaluation of candidates. Each applicant’s GPA will be considered as a marker of academic achievement, with attention paid to courses that are relevant to potential performance in the PharmD program. Submission of a written essay will be required. A personal interview will be conducted with select candidates.
For more information on the application process, please contact Mr. José Treviño at 419.383.1904 or at email@example.com.