Registration for the Latino Education Summit is now closed.
The 2016 Ohio Latino Education Summit
The Summit will continue to create networks and community coalitions that will pursue expanded opportunities for Latino students year-round. By bringing our school administrators, teachers, parents, policymakers and key agencies together, we will foster dialogue about methods that will continue to keep our Latino students achieving those educational milestones for success. Please join the Ohio Commission for Hispanic and Latino Affairs and The University of Toledo at the 2016 Ohio Latino Education Summit: Leveraging Latino Learning Through Career Connections.
- Provide practical training to educators, administrators and nonprofit leaders by identifying, selecting and showcasing the top initiatives addressing educational achievement among Ohio’s Latino students
- Bring together educators, counselors, administrators and policymakers to help them share information, resources and ideas and build networks that transcend district boundaries
- Equip attendees with the knowledge and resources they will need to better serve their Latino students
This year we are soliciting best practices on the following topics:
- English Language Learners
- Cultural and Linguistic Competence in Education
- Lifetime Learning
- Bridging the Gap between Pre K to Higher Ed
- Educating All Children/Promoting Equal Services for all Children
- Understanding the Undocumented Student Population
- Career Exploration & Planning