- SAAS Home
- SAAS Staff
- Programs and Services
NCAA Student-Athlete Affairs
- SAAS Brochure
- Student Athletic Academic Services
- TRIO-Student Support Services
- Tutoring - Learning Enhancement Center
- Writing Center
- TRiO Studnet Support Services
- Additional Resources
- Student Disability Services
- Center for Experiential Learning and Career Services
- Center for International
Studies and Programs
- Office for the Student Experience
- Testing Services
- Undergraduate Research
Larimer Athletic Complex
2801 W. Bancroft Street
Toledo, OH 43606-3390
What is the NCAA Student-Athlete Affairs Program?
The mission of the NCAA is to maintain intercollegiate athletics as an integral part of the campus education program and the student-athlete as an integral part of the student body. With this in mind, Student-Athlete Affairs was created to support the student-athlete initiatives of NCAA member institutions and to enhance the quality of the student-athlete experience within the context of higher education.
Student-Athlete Affairs programs, resources and events are designed to promote the well-being and development of student-athletes and to provide on-going education and training to athletics professionals who identify and serve student-athlete needs.
In the process of achieving this mission, the Student-Athlete Affairs will:
- Promote student-athletes’ ownership of their academic, athletic, career, personal and community responsibilities.
- Meet the changing needs of student-athletes.
- Promote respect for diversity and inclusion among student-athletes.
- Assist student-athletes in identifying and applying transferable skills.
- Enhance partnerships between the NCAA, member institutions and their communities for the purpose of education.
- Foster an environment that encourages student-athletes to effectively access campus resources.
- Encourage the development of character, integrity and leadership skills.
At The University of Toledo, the director of NCAA Student-Athlete Affairs Programcoordinates events in the areas of community outreach through the Rockets 'Round Town program, career planning through collaboration with AfterSport and career services on campus.