Student Support Services (TRIO)
- SSS / TRiO Home
- 0300 Carlson Library
- Contact Us
- What Does TRIO Stand For?
- Join TRIO SSS Today
-Who is eligible
-How to Apply
- FAQ's by Faculty/Staff Answered
- Mission Statement
- Meet the TRIO SSS Staff
- Benefits of being in TRIO
-Rocketing to Success Workshops
-Private Tutoring Services
-Proactive Advising Services
-Reduce your Student Loan debt with our Grant Aid
- Contact SSS
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The TRiO SSS project now has funds to provide a grant to students. Eligibility for the SSS grant is based on involvement, Pell Grant eligibility, financial need, and class standing.
- In order to be considered for the Grant Aid, the following student information will
be reviewed and weighted by the selection committee:
- Pell Grant award recipient
- Active SSS participation
- At least half-time enrollment
- Class level (first or second year)
- Meet the Federal standards for academic progress (as published in the policy manual for UT)
- Financial need
- Academic standing
- Completion of the financial literacy workshop or online course
- The SSS Grant Aid is a need-based grant awarded to participants in the TRIO Student Support Services project.
- The value of award is based on student's need level; the minimum award amount is $555 for 2012-2013.
- Only a small number of students earn the SSS Grant Aid annually.
- The application for this award is only available from an SSS advisor.
- Awardees will be notified before the SSS Grant Aid is awarded.
- Each SSS participant is considered for the SSS Grant Aid but an application must be on file prior to disbursement.
- This award is non-renewable.
- The award will prorate based on hours registered. Students must attend classes, failure to do so could reduce the grant award for the term.
- Active participation is dependent upon attending SSS workshops and activities and meeting with an SSS advisor or tutor.
- Grants are awarded after the completion of each semester. This is subject to change if considered necessary by the SSS Program Director.