Department of Exploratory Studies
When to see an Adviser/youcollege/
- UT Course Catalog
- Career Services
- Study Strategies
- GPA Calculator
- Health Insurance
- Division of Student Success
- Tutoring- Learning Enhancement Center
- Placement Testing
- Counseling Center
- Honors College
- Rocket Orientation
- Writing Center
- U.Select:Guide to College Transfer
- MyUT - Web Portal
Rocket Hall 1830/1840
Monday - Friday
8:15 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Students are placed on Academic Probation anytime your cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) falls below a 2.0. You are at risk of suspension if you continue getting low grades. This can affect your ability to receive Financial Aid. See the Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress Tests. Contact Rocket Solution Central if you have questions about this.
It is strongly recommended that you take immediate steps to improve your GPA!
- Reducing your credit hours to a number that makes it more realistic for you to pass your classes with a C or higher. (Grades of C- or lower pull your grades below the 2.0 mark.)
- Reducing your work hours to concentrate more on course work, both in and outside of class.
- Getting help for concepts you don’t understand by going to the professor’s office hours, the Learning Enhancement Center or a tutor of some kind.
- Form a study group with classmates.
- Make sure you attend all your classes.
- Make sure you do your reading and homework assignments ahead of time.
- Pay attention to your class grades and withdrawal dates
- See Study Guides and Strategies or your advisor for more ideas