Q. I can log into the MyUT Portal but it does not work correctly (logs back out immediately, some programs do not work, some pages do not display etc.) Do you have any tips for me?
1) The MyUT Portal page login caches or “remembers” the last password you successfully used to log in. The leads to the portal sometimes accepting expired or previous passwords . You may log in to the Portal page, and indeed many links will work but not everything will work correctly. Email and distance learning logins will fail. In this case go to http://myutaccount.utoledo.edu and reset your password.
2) If you are logging in from home and you can log into the MyUT Portal page but then your browser immediately logs you out then you may be using an incompatible browser. Usually this will be Internet Explorer, presented by SBC or Yahoo or Verizon or some other third party provider. Click on Start, then All programs and look for the Internet Explorer in the program list. Usually this will be the Windows Internet Explorer and will be compatible. Another option is to use Mozilla Firefox browser which can be downloaded for free.
3) The Portal page requires that your browser accept cookies and allow pop ups in order to display some pages. You may also need to clear the Temporary Internet files that have been stored by your browser. Your browser will have a Help utility that will provide you with the necessary information if you do not already know how to check these settings.
4) The Portal page requires that port 9000 be open to SSL traffic from the server pss.utoledo.edu or not all the pages will display properly. This port can be blocked by a firewall. This often is the case with LANs in the workplace and sometimes in public libraries.
5) Some errors will indicate a problem on our end that can be fixed by our Portal programmers. One such error is a request for you to enter a PIN number. For these errors your will need to report the information to the IThelpdesk and include a phone number so that the Portal programmers can contact you for further information.