- AEC Staff
- Academic Coaching
- Workshops and Special Schedules
- Academic Support by Program
- Board Exam Resources
- General Academic Resources
- Register in Tutor Trac for a Review Session
- Residency Application Process
- Student Affairs
- Mulford Library
- Office of Accessibility (Main Campus Student Disability Services)
- Career Services for Students
- Learning Enhancement Center
- Writing Center
- Office of Institutional Diversity
- Diversity Resources
- University Health Services
- Faculty Guide for Student Disability Services
Health Science Campus
Tutoring for the Academic Enrichment Center
Academic Enrichment Center Student Tutor Job Description
The AEC employs student tutors to support all HSC disciplines. The AEC Student Tutor position is open to full-time students enrolled on the Health Science Campus of The University of Toledo
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The AEC Student Tutor may provide tutoring assistance in content (either as individual, group, or drop-in sessions).
Tutors will provide the following support to the Center:
- Provide supervisor with current tutoring availabilities minimally each payday for the following 2 weeks, but preferably for the entire current course schedule.
- Honor those availabilities by not canceling at the last minute
- When scheduled for tutoring, appear 10 minutes ahead of time.
- Follow prescribed tutoring techniques during the tutoring session.
- Document all required tutoring notes in Tutor Trac, including:Planning notes, Student Attendance, Visit notes, and Drop-in notes
- Turn in payroll documentation in a timely manner
- Attend/participate in new tutor and on-going sessions as announced
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work under his/her supervision.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Working knowledge of the following software computer programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint required
- Working Conditions: Works in a professional office environment.
- Clear understanding of FERPA and HIPPA laws and compliance requirements.
- Good communication skills and command of the English language
Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experiences:
- For content tutoring: The minimum grade requirement varies for each discipline and will be communicated during the application process.
- Pass a Lucas county criminal background check and provide documentation of successfully completing a two step PPD within the past calendar year.
- FERPA training (through the Academic Enrichment Center).
- New Tutor orientation and ongoing training sessions as announced.
- Strict student confidentiality. Use confidential data only as specifically authorized by supervisor.
- Ability to respond appropriately in case of fire emergency or crisis situation.
- Project a positive attitude and professional interaction with others.
- Ability to encourage active learning and brain based learning techniques.
- Follow professional code of conduct at all times.