Entrepreneurship, Family and Small Business Bachelor's Degree Overview
Do you have an interest in business but still value freedom and flexibility? The University of Toledo’s entrepreneurship, family and small business degree program attracts the business “rebels.” Learn the skills you need to build and sustain your own business or work in a progressive company that values creative leaders.
Our graduates know how to craft a business plan. They study key disciplines like finance, management, communications, human resources and ethics.
Entrepreneurship, Family and Small Business Bachelor's Degree Highlights
- Nationally ranked business school. UT’s accredited College of Business and Innovation is one of the country’s best business schools. It has top-notch facilities and faculty. The majority of our students get internships and find jobs when they graduate.
- Hands-on learning. Our classes feature lively discussion, projects that teach practical business skills and case studies of current businesses like Airbnb and Proactiv.
- Learn how to write a business plan. It’s the first step to creating any business — know your story. Our undergraduates practice and graduate with this valuable skill.
- High-tech classrooms and labs. The 54,000-square-foot Savage & Associates Complex houses our PNC Entrepreneurship Lab and the Center for Technological Entrepreneurship and Innovation.
- Business plan competition. UToledo’s College of Business and Innovation fosters the entrepreneurial spirit with this annual contest for faculty, staff and students. The person with the most innovative business idea wins $10,000.
- LaunchPad Incubation program. UT is a large, research university that offers invaluable programs like this one. The state-of-the-art LaunchPad Incubation facility is housed on campus, and helps startups in the region develop their businesses.
- Faculty in the trenches. Learn franchising from someone who owns a franchise, or how to run a family business from someone who actually owns one.
Graduates of UToledo’s entrepreneurship program will be prepared to:
- Start their own business
- Acquire a franchise
- Take over a family business
- Work for an established company that wants creative people to develop and manage new products
"Chase your dreams and make them a reality. With hard work, determination and a support system, you can accomplish anything. As a four-year business owner, UT professors became my support system and network of opportunity. Know that others are there to help you succeed. Always ask questions!"
Laurel Lovitt, BBA '17, owner of Laurel's Princess Parties, LLC
Laurel started her business her freshman year at UT. She now employs 21 performers and has contracts with the Toledo Walleye, the Toledo Zoo & Aquarium, the Toledo Mud Hens, the Toledo Lucas County Public Library, and Dave & Buster’s, among others.
Entrepreneurship, Family and Small Business Bachelor's Degree Curriculum
Entrepreneurship, Family and Small Business Bachelor’s Degree Sample Courses
- Growing Family and Entrepreneurial Business
- Managerial and Behavioral Processes
- Entrepreneurial Finance
Internship Opportunities for Entrepreneurship, Family and Small Business Bachelor's Degree
More than 85% of our students find internships with the help of the College of Business and Innovation’s Business Career Programs office.