Health Care Administration Bachelor's Degree Overview
Health care is a rapidly growing and evermore complicated field. That’s why the demand for skilled health-care administrators is expected to grow faster than the national average for other occupations.
The University of Toledo’s health care administration program gives students the knowledge and skills to manage health-care organizations. Take courses in quality improvement, leadership and management, problem solving and financial management.
UToledo students graduate with a minor in business in our four-year program. They get practical experience through internships in hospitals and other health-care organizations.
UT also offers a 2+2 program for working professionals who already have an associate’s degree in a health-related field. Earn your bachelor’s degree in just two years.
Health Care Administration Bachelor's Degree Highlights
- Faculty with experience in the field. UT instructors know what they teach. They’ve worked for hospitals, insurance companies and other health care organizations.
- Internships. 90% of health care administration majors complete an internship. This gives them an advantage in the job market.
- Network. Join the University of Toledo Health care Administration Student Association. Beef up your leadership skills and meet professional health care managers who work in the community.
UToledo graduates of the health care administration program are well prepared for administrative positions in:
|Hospitals||Health insurance companies|
|Long-term care and outpatient facilities||Public health organizations|
|Physician offices||Other health organizations|
|Mental health organizations|
Many health-care administrators eventually enter grad school. A master’s degree is often required for employment as senior-level, health-care executives.
Health Care Administration Bachelor's Degree Curriculum
UT updates course offerings to stay relevant to current issues in health-care management.
Health Care Administration Bachelor’s Degree Sample Classes
- Introduction to Health Care Administration
- Quality Improvement in Health Care
- Leadership & Management in Health Care
- Problem Solving in Health Care Administration
- Health Care Finance
Internship Opportunities for Health Care Administration Bachelor's Degree
90% of our undergrads complete an internship. Undergraduates gain practical experience in a hospital, nursing home, insurance company or other health-care facility.