Organizational Leadership and Management Bachelor's Degree Overview
Good leaders are the linchpin of every business. Undergraduates in the leadership bachelor’s degree program at The University of Toledo learn what it takes to manage effectively and build successful teams.
UT focuses on four areas:
- Leading and managing change
- Leadership skills
- Emotional intelligence
- Conflict resolution
Our graduates become skilled managers. They know how to make ethical decisions and motivate teams. They make the people around them more successful.
Organizational Leadership and Management Bachelor's Degree Highlights
- Nationally ranked. The accredited College of Business and Innovation is one of the country’s best business schools. UT has one of the few leadership and management programs to focus on emotional intelligence and conflict resolution.
- Leadership academies. Learning doesn’t stop in the classroom. Select students are invited to participate in the Klar Leadership Academy. The academy offers an intensive experience and builds leadership skills through service, speakers, mentoring and more.
- State-of-the-art classrooms and labs. The 54,000-square-foot Savage & Associates Complex houses classrooms and five action-learning labs, including a leadership lab.
- Study abroad. Study business at 37 sites in 25 countries, including Italy, England, Spain, Australia and China. Faculty also leads 2- to 3-week trips abroad.
- Network. UToledo business students participate in professional meetings and regularly learn from business professionals in the community, many of whom speak in classes.
UT graduates with an organizational and leadership management degree often begin working in a management training program. Others choose to continue their educations by pursuing master’s or doctoral degrees, leading to careers in consulting, management development and college-level teaching.
"The group projects helped prepare me for the real world because I am always working with others in my job. At COBI, you will build relationships with lots of great people who can help you in your career and in your life. Build your network early. Get out of your comfort zone and meet new people. Everyone is willing to help a college student, so get all the advice you can."
Alvin Fletcher Jr., BBA ’14
Read more about Alvin
"The College of Business and Innovation was like a family; faculty and staff were always willing to help. COBI classes and staff assisted me in developing a polished resume, completing mock interviews and offering networking opportunities. After graduating from UT, I continued on with my MBA, specializing in marketing. I am on the recruiting team for my employer, Marathon Petroleum Corp., and we have been very pleased with the interns and full-time hires that have come from The University of Toledo.
Kathryn Schneider, BBA ’08
Read more about Kathryn
Organizational Leadership and Management Bachelor's Degree Curriculum
Organizational Leadership and Management Bachelor’s Degree Sample Courses
- Conflict Management: Mediation and Negotiations
- Ethics in Leadership and Management
- Leading and Managing Organizational Improvement
- Organizational Leadership and Management Practicum
Internship Opportunities for Organizational Leadership and Management Bachelor's Degree
The majority of UToledo students gain real-world experience through internships that often lead to full-time positions. They work with accomplished professionals in leadership and management while earning college credit and salaries. Our Business Career Programs office helps place students and offers career support.