Placement Testing - Contact Phone Number 419.530.1269.
ALEKS - Math ($25.00) - Recommended Mathematics test - available online to take at home and anywhere you have access.
ALEKS - Chemistry (Free of charge) - Recommended Chemistry test - available online to take at home and anywhere you have access.
- A student takes the hard copy test and enters the answers into a computer.
- The computer scores the test and is entered in to UT student management system, Banner.
(ACT)/COMPASS - This test is ONLY for the College Credit Plus Students. COMPASS is administered everyday the Test Center is open for placement tests.
(ACT)/COMPASS testing time is approximately 3 hours. It is strongly recommended that students allow enough time to complete the exam before the Test Center Close Time. ALL tests have to be completed by the Close Time.
Special Hours for (ACT)/COMPASS Test will be updated periodically.
Click HERE for Test Center Hours.
Visit the Office of New Student Orientation website for additional placement testing information:
- A photo ID is required in order to take any tests.
- Bring Rocket Number and UTAD username and password.
- All tests must be completed by the time the test center closes.
- Items NOT allowed in the testing room include: food, drinks, cell phones or any electronic devices, backpacks, purses, hats, sunglasses, or key chains. Storage lockers are available on-site for these items. Cell phones must be turned off prior to storage.
- Test Center staff has final determination of what is allowed into the testing room.
- Parking: In the month of June, the parking is FREE in designated lots, otherwise, go to http://guestparking.utoledo.edu
Placement testing is on a walk-in basis - No appointment is needed.
It is highly recommended that you call the Test Center (419.530.1269) prior to driving to campus to ensure it is open, as hours are subject to change. Please bring a valid form of picture identification with you (driver's license, passport, high school ID or state ID), UTAD username, UTAD password, and your Rocket Number to complete placement testing.
If you have any further questions regarding placement tests, please call your college. Click here for college contact information.
Holiday and Semester Break Hours may vary - contact our office to confirm availability.
The Test Center is closed on all University recognized holidays.
| Placement Tests Info:
ALEKS is an online computer based Math placement test that can be taken at any computer you have access to. You have three (3) opportunities to test with ALEKS.
ALEKS is the recommended Math Placement Test at the University of Toledo at this time.
For more information about ALEKS, Click here.
After reading about ALEKS, Please Click Here to Login, provide payment, and begin testing.
Paper based exams can only be taken ONCE
Paper based mathematics is an acceptable alternative to ALEKS ( ALEKS is a recommended online Math Placement test)
No time limit (“Designed 45 Minutes for average student”) No Calculator is allowed. Two (2) Tests:
- College Algebra
- Paper Based: Time limit - 45 Minutes, 44 Questions, simple scientific calculator is allowed (“Like a TI-30”). Can only be taken at the MFH Test Center
- ALEKS Chemistry - Can be taken anywhere at any computer with internet access.
- Chem1110-1120: Click at your College - Nursing, Health Science and Education. Can only be taken at the MFH Test Center
(Nursing: All students are required to take Chem 1110-1120 placement test.
Health Science: Students with Respiratory Care major are required to take this Chem 1110-1120 placement test.
Other Health Science majors, please check the chart at the link above for your college or with your advisor.
Education: Please check the chart at the the end of your linked college page or with your advisor)
Foreign Languages: Time limit - One Hour; Multiple Choice Questions, Five (5) Options:
For ALL Other Foreign Language Placements Tests, such as Arabic, please contact Foreign Language Department at 419.530.2606.
Chinese is arranged through Confucius Institute, Contact at (419) 530-7750.
English Second Language (ESL) Placement Tests is an Essay Format in response to given prompts (Blue Book).
One dictionary allowed - either paperback or electronic.