Faculty and Staff
Your University of Toledo Authentication Domain (UTAD) account provides authenticated access to most of the University’s computing services using a single username and password combination.
To activate your account use your Internet browser to go to: http://myutaccount.utoledo.edu
The MyUT Portal, at http://myut.utoledo.edu, is the one-stop location for most of your online computing needs at The University of Toledo. You'll use it to get class lists, enter final grades, check your vacation and sick time, get your check stubs, view personal info, get to E-mail, and much more.
In order to login to MyUT, you need an active UTAD account, a computer with Internet access, and a recent version of a Web browser such as Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome or Safari.
The University of Toledo provides its faculty and staff with an e-mail account with 750MB of storage. The e-mail address is in the form firstname.lastname@example.org (e.g., email@example.com). You can access your e-mail on the Web from MyUT Portal or Outlook Web Access.
UT Standard Printers
Phone and Email Directory
Look in the Online Directory on the MyUT Portal front page. The directory has two main components:
People Search—lists students, faculty and staff.
Department Listing—lists all colleges and departments.
Personal Purchase: Low Cost Software
IT provides University of Toledo faculty and staff with discounts on personal purchases of Microsoft products and Adobe products. Clicking the links below will take you to the websites for these purchases.
(Note: These links are for personal purchases only which will be your responsibility for ordering, paying, and maintaining.)
Faculty and Staff are licensed to use SPSS, EndNote, and ForeFront Anti-Virus software at no cost on their personal machines. To download these software packages, log into your MyUTAccount and click on the download links available in the middle of the screen.
University Computer Software
For the installation of software on University owned devices please contact your IT support team or submit a service request at http://ithelp.utoledo.edu
Software available for install:
- Microsoft Office
- Skype for Business
- Adobe Creative Cloud Enterprise
- Photoshop:Image editing and compositing
- Lightroom:Digital photo processing and editing
- Illustrator:Vector graphics and illustration
- InDesign:Page design and layout for print and digital publishing
- Premiere Pro:Video production and editing
- After Effects:Cinematic visual effects and motion graphics
- Dreamweaver:Web and mobile design
- Adobe Muse:Website design without coding
- Animate:Flash Professional is now Adobe Animate CC. Interactive animations for multiple platforms.
- Fuse:Create custom 3D characters for Photoshop projects
- Acrobat Pro DC: Create, edit and sign PDF documents and forms
- Adobe Audition:Audio recording, mixing, and restoration
- Bridge:Centralize your creative assets
- Flash Builder:IDE for coding Flash apps and mobile device packaging
- InCopy:Collaborate with copywriters and editors
- Prelude:Metadata ingest, logging, and rough cuts
- Adobe Media Encoder
- Adobe Slate:Make your words and images move
- Scout:Profile Flash games on web and devices
- SpeedGrade:Film finishing and color grading
- Story Plus:Collaborative screenwriting, reporting, and scheduling tools
- PhoneGap Build:Package mobile apps in the cloud
- Prelude Live Loger:Work faster with smarter video logging
- Gaming SDK:Create ActionScript games
- Extension Manager:Easily install and manage extensions
- ExtendScript Toolkit:Add script to your creative apps
- Microsoft Office
The following vendor sites and associated computers are approved by IT for University non-bulk computer purchase. To view the University's computer purchasing policy click here.
Bulk purchases of computing equipment should be made through standard purchasing processes. Click here to go to the purchasing web site.
University purchases: For purchases of University owned devices, please visit http://premier.dell.com for a list of our approved desktop and laptop computers. Please contact the Purchasing department if you need an account to access the website.
Personal purchases: Dell is offering special discounts for The University of Toledo’s students, faculty and staff for personal purchases of Dell computers. The website offers a range of choices that we believe will meet the needs of most home users. To check prices, get more information, or place an order, go to: http://www.dell.com/utoledo or call Dell Direct at 1-888-973-3355.
Visit link for special offers: Dell Monthly Promotional Deals
University purchases: For purchases of University owned devices and software for any campus office or computing laboratory, you will need an Apple account associated with the University of Toledo. Please refer to the link below for instruction on how to set-up an account
If you have a University Apple account, please visit the link below for access to the Apple Store for University of Toledo employees.
Personal purchases: for personal purchases of Apple computers, other hardware, and software, please visit:
LENOVO PURCHASING AND DISCOUNTED PRICE
Personal purchases: for personal purchases of Lenovo products, click here:
If you need to use a computer lab for your class, the first place to check is with your department. They may have a place you can use. For a comprehensive list of computer labs on and off campus, click here.
Currently, the Wireless network is available in many locations on the University of Toledo Main Campus. Wireless access on the HSC is available in all buildings. To see instructions on how to connect to our public wireless, click here.
To view a checklist of items to consider for timely and organized location moves, click here.
By phone: 419.530.2400 (Main Campus) or 419.383.2400 (Health Science Campus)
Submit a Help Desk ticket: http://ithelp.utoledo.edu